PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   spb clone 5.7 with pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=45276)

Jeremysjunk 11-17-2008 08:22 PM

spb clone 5.7 with pro

Has anyone used spb clone 5.7 with the touch pro yet? I know it says it works with the new version 5.9 but I only have 5.7 so I was wondering if it works with wm6.1? I did it with mine but got some errors, but it still created an image. I wanted to create an image before trying the new kitchen just incase there is something that dosn't work right.

Thanks,
Jeremysjunk

Jeremysjunk 11-24-2008 08:19 PM

Re: spb clone 5.7 with pro

no one knows if this works?

Baffles 11-24-2008 09:16 PM

Why don't you just update? Surely 1.5.7->1.5.9 would be a free download.

caddieguy02 12-30-2008 12:17 AM

i have this on my pro...downloaded it one day last week...version 1.5.9...my barber has a pro...i tried this out cuz he liked my set-up...it totally fried his pro...had to hard reset his device....1st off what i didnt like about it is u cant pick and choose what to clone...it clones ur entire device...contacts....pics...videos...files...title bar...which i didnt mind giving him alot of my programs...but not all...i dont want his phone to look exactly like mine...plus i didnt want him to have my contacts or my pics...so this was the 1st drawback for me...
then once i clones it to his device...all my programs pics and file and setup was on his...but his contacts wouldnt load...touch flow 3d wouldnt load it just keep saying launchin it but thats it...spb pocket plus was on his but wasnt a way to set it to his today screen...alot of my programs showed up on his but wouldnt open...it was a complete cluster @#$% from jump...i dont think ill ever attempt to use this program again unless i start to hear some good reviews on here about it...
anyone else have any experiences theyd like to share????

HBOOT 12-30-2008 12:56 AM

An Spb back up will do the trick lot easier.

[sammich] 12-30-2008 01:06 AM

Caddieguy, the phones have to be flashed to the EXACT SAME ROM

shaun0207 12-30-2008 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbenz2008 (Post 607493)
An Spb back up will do the trick lot easier.

SPB Backup will def. do te job. Have no idea why hey created clone.

caddieguy02 12-30-2008 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saumaun (Post 607522)
Caddieguy, the phones have to be flashed to the EXACT SAME ROM

what do u mean? mine and his both have the stock roms...everything was fine except his touch flow wouldnt launch...a few programs...his contacts...well let me say this...only a few things were rright lol...

caddieguy02 12-30-2008 02:21 AM

they actually charge $300 for the program is what blows my mind...wow if i had paid that id be pissed

but im not to worried about it...it just sounded like a good thing...he always wants what i got on my phone and i hate being in the barber shop an extra hour each time i go just to hook his phone up...but he had his laptop so i just popped my card in there transferred over what he needed and told him how to install once he got home...pissed me off that he had his notebook...if i knew that i would have done it that way from jump lol...but he didnt think to pull it out untill i had to hard reset his pro...no good deed goes unpunished i say haha

he wanted my spb pocket plus and mobile shell set-up and there was no freakin way i was gonna sit there all that time to set it up for him...it took me hopurs to set up mine..thats why i tried to just clone it...2 guys above suggested spb backup ill try that and see how i like it...i use PIM backup but it doesnt do that kinda stuff...

weedahoe 12-30-2008 10:23 AM

Ive been using 5.9 on my 6800 forever and never had an issue.