PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2008, 05:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: Sprint

JUDD227 is keeping up the good workJUDD227 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking Text messages

Ok so I got a little freaked out the other day. I know that the phone talks and tells you your upcoming appointments and is supposed to anounce incoming calls with voice when it's set up. However the other day I text a Dr friend of mine who is using a blackberry on Verizon and when he replied my touch pro told me what his text message said. Scared the crap out of me at first then I thought it was pretty cool but then I got to thinking if he types something I don't want anybody to hear I'm scr**ed. I have received many text from many people and this only happens with his text. I can't figure out what setting is allowing this, haven't tryied to turn off voice command yet as I use it alot but this could be a potential kick in the a** if your not carefull.
Any thoughts? Suggestions? Anyone else had this happen? Thanks in advance for you advise.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

SurfDan5 is just getting started
Re: Talking Text messages

I hope my TP thats coming today doesn't do that. This could get me a swift kick in the balls from my girl
Old 11-17-2008, 05:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

myhollowworld2 is becoming a great contributor

I'm not too sure since I don't own a TP, but I know when I had Voice Command on, it would speak only SOME of my text messages aloud. It was funny, but ultimately annoying... Not sure why it appears to be selective like that.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

Scrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUDD227 View Post
Ok so I got a little freaked out the other day. I know that the phone talks and tells you your upcoming appointments and is supposed to anounce incoming calls with voice when it's set up. However the other day I text a Dr friend of mine who is using a blackberry on Verizon and when he replied my touch pro told me what his text message said. Scared the crap out of me at first then I thought it was pretty cool but then I got to thinking if he types something I don't want anybody to hear I'm scr**ed. I have received many text from many people and this only happens with his text. I can't figure out what setting is allowing this, haven't tryied to turn off voice command yet as I use it alot but this could be a potential kick in the a** if your not carefull.
Any thoughts? Suggestions? Anyone else had this happen? Thanks in advance for you advise.
The default is to only announce high priority messages, his may be high priority considering he is a DR.

~Palm Treo Pro~ ~ SPH M540 RANT~
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Threadstarter

JUDD227 is keeping up the good workJUDD227 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrotum View Post
The default is to only announce high priority messages, his may be high priority considering he is a DR.
Where do I find that setting?
Old 11-17-2008, 05:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: All That Glitters Is Diamonds

lcyals is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUDD227 View Post
Where do I find that setting?
I don't have a TP, I have a Diamond, but I'm gonna say it should be the same way. Start/Settings/Personal/Voice Command - It gives you a list of the available programs/features that can use voice command. You can disable Messaging or change the notifications to be announced through a bluetooth headset or wired headset.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul and Touch Pro

mdodge is keeping up the good workmdodge is keeping up the good workmdodge is keeping up the good work

You can turn it off for messaging. Start, settings, voice command. Uncheck messaging. Or click on message, then options and uncheck announce new messages. This will stop it from saying new text messages and new activesync email messages.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdodge View Post
You can turn it off for messaging. Start, settings, voice command. Uncheck messaging. Or click on message, then options and uncheck announce new messages. This will stop it from saying new text messages and new activesync email messages.
Thanks for the info.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro