PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2008, 11:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero FF500 and Unlimited Fav 5

falestinee4ever is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
People you are talking to complaining they can hear themselves??

Is any1 getting this? Every1 i talk to complains they can hear themselves or they hear an echo of their voice? any1 getting that? is there a fix?
Old 11-16-2008, 11:56 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Re: People you are talking to complaining they can hear themselves??

Do you use speakerphone? That's the only thing I can think of that would be an issue...
Also, are you running any recording apps in the background?

If a hard-reset doesn't fix your issue, you may have to take it in for a replacement.

BTW, give your phone to someone else and have them call another line. See if you notice an echo.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint

yachtspecco is just getting started

I hate to point out the obvious but I would consider it operator error..... I have a mogul which will do the same thing if I have the volume all the way up and hold the phone away from my ear. This is something anyone who has a pda phone will tend to do after you realize what sweat and facial oil does to your screen when you hold it tight to your face. Use bluetooth or carry a soft cloth and plastic polish with you. I use mine while working so a screen protector and cleaning is something I have to do almost daily.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:23 AM
N00b

Hawaiian80 is becoming a great contributor

First off, I apologize to the group if this is in the wrong place. I've been searching all over the posts and can't really find an exact place to post this issue.

It would be interesting to see what type of setup everyone is using and the success rate or if there are more users experiencing problems.

I, for one, can't get the HTC (both Diamond and Touch Pro) to even sync with my stereo. I have an Alpine IVA-W205 deck, which has attached to it, a separate Bluetooth unit, KCE-300BT and also have the Blackbird GPS which also has bluetooth. For those not familiar, the blackbird fits into the head unit of the stereo.

Anyway, the HTC does not sync properly with either one. The units recognize the phone as a headset. I can make phone calls from the either of the two bluetooth connections but the phonebook does not transfer, which means that I have to dial a number on the head unit's (not the phone's) keypad, and if there is a phone call coming in, unless you know the phone number of the person calling, (which is VERY rare with today's technology), the person calling would not be known, whereas if the phonebook transferred as it should, the calling party would show up when the phone rings. It seems to be an issue with the HTC phone as I have successfully connected other phones to the unit while trying to fix and deal with this problem.

I personally feel that this may be a software issue on the phone for the following reasons. With one phone that properly connected, the phone had the following bluetooth profiles, HSP: (Headset Profile), HFP: (Handsfree Profile) and PBAB: Phonebook Accress Profile. The other phone had A2DP: (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), HSP: (Headset Profile), HFP: (Handsfree Profile), OPP: (Object Push Profile) and FTP: (File Transfer Profile).

I have tried and I am not able to eliminate some of the profiles to force the known ones to connect and I feel that there is a possibility it is connecting using the wrong bluetooth profile. I have read and searching everything I can think of to try and resolve this problem to make this work. If anyone has an ideas, or has the knowledge to make a small cab file I can add to the phone that would control the bluetooth profiles from the dozen that this phone will connect with, I would GREATLY appreciate the assistance.

I am very new to this so I may not know what I'm talking about. I am asking so that everyone can benefit...if my theory works. It would be nice to go to the bluetooth mode page and have a checkbox for the ones the user would want to connect with (like with the device page), when it connects, there are checkboxes next to the hands free, headphones, and music streaming selections available.

Lastly, I apologize for the length of this message but I hope that one of the techy types, who I will guarantee has way more knowledge than I do, will understand what I'm trying to do and can help me make this happen. Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:26 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

could it be his radio?

otherwise maybe water damage?

Old 11-17-2008, 07:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

sj808 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian80 View Post
First off, I apologize to the group if this is in the wrong place. I've been searching all over the posts and can't really find an exact place to post this issue.

It would be interesting to see what type of setup everyone is using and the success rate or if there are more users experiencing problems.

I, for one, can't get the HTC (both Diamond and Touch Pro) to even sync with my stereo. I have an Alpine IVA-W205 deck, which has attached to it, a separate Bluetooth unit, KCE-300BT and also have the Blackbird GPS which also has bluetooth. For those not familiar, the blackbird fits into the head unit of the stereo.

Anyway, the HTC does not sync properly with either one. The units recognize the phone as a headset. I can make phone calls from the either of the two bluetooth connections but the phonebook does not transfer, which means that I have to dial a number on the head unit's (not the phone's) keypad, and if there is a phone call coming in, unless you know the phone number of the person calling, (which is VERY rare with today's technology), the person calling would not be known, whereas if the phonebook transferred as it should, the calling party would show up when the phone rings. It seems to be an issue with the HTC phone as I have successfully connected other phones to the unit while trying to fix and deal with this problem.

I personally feel that this may be a software issue on the phone for the following reasons. With one phone that properly connected, the phone had the following bluetooth profiles, HSP: (Headset Profile), HFP: (Handsfree Profile) and PBAB: Phonebook Accress Profile. The other phone had A2DP: (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), HSP: (Headset Profile), HFP: (Handsfree Profile), OPP: (Object Push Profile) and FTP: (File Transfer Profile).

I have tried and I am not able to eliminate some of the profiles to force the known ones to connect and I feel that there is a possibility it is connecting using the wrong bluetooth profile. I have read and searching everything I can think of to try and resolve this problem to make this work. If anyone has an ideas, or has the knowledge to make a small cab file I can add to the phone that would control the bluetooth profiles from the dozen that this phone will connect with, I would GREATLY appreciate the assistance.

I am very new to this so I may not know what I'm talking about. I am asking so that everyone can benefit...if my theory works. It would be nice to go to the bluetooth mode page and have a checkbox for the ones the user would want to connect with (like with the device page), when it connects, there are checkboxes next to the hands free, headphones, and music streaming selections available.

Lastly, I apologize for the length of this message but I hope that one of the techy types, who I will guarantee has way more knowledge than I do, will understand what I'm trying to do and can help me make this happen. Thank you for taking the time to read this.
google JETware. Owners of the Pioneer Avic D3 has to use JETware on our phones to work properly.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic

JohnnyOnTheSpot is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by falestinee4ever View Post
Is any1 getting this? Every1 i talk to complains they can hear themselves or they hear an echo of their voice? any1 getting that? is there a fix?
Did you do the Audio Para tweak thing to make your earpiece louder? I did that and people were complaining about hearing themselves, so I just lowered the volume and it fixed. Try that...it might be that simple.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:31 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

aiverson23 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
Did you do the Audio Para tweak thing to make your earpiece louder? I did that and people were complaining about hearing themselves, so I just lowered the volume and it fixed. Try that...it might be that simple.
This was my problem. My girl was complaingin because she tought I had her on speaker in front of my boys, but I just turned the volume down and she thought I took her off speaker. So that is prolly your problem OP
Old 11-17-2008, 01:43 PM
N00b

Hawaiian80 is becoming a great contributor

SJ808 Thanks for the information.

I've tried that too...no luck. That program allowed me to make changes to the type of information that got sent to the phone from my calling list. I think I am looking to find something to control the bluetooth settings instead.
I've also changed com ports...no luck. The list of things I have tried are nearly endless. BTW...tech support sucks! HTC, Sprint, Windows, All useless. But that's a whole different topic, wont' go there...LOL...
Apparently there's something I haven't tried because its still not working...
It's got to be simple because I think I've exhausted all the harder stuff. My brain is fried...but that's easy to do.

Thanks again!!!
Old 11-18-2008, 01:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

sj808 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian80 View Post
SJ808 Thanks for the information.

I've tried that too...no luck. That program allowed me to make changes to the type of information that got sent to the phone from my calling list. I think I am looking to find something to control the bluetooth settings instead.
I've also changed com ports...no luck. The list of things I have tried are nearly endless. BTW...tech support sucks! HTC, Sprint, Windows, All useless. But that's a whole different topic, wont' go there...LOL...
Apparently there's something I haven't tried because its still not working...
It's got to be simple because I think I've exhausted all the harder stuff. My brain is fried...but that's easy to do.

Thanks again!!!

You can send the phonebook inside the program JETware. Did you try that?

Thats what us Avic D3 owners had to do.

Go to the Phonebook settings when you open the program. In that settings page click on menu on the left softkey. Then select "Send contacts".... if thats what you're looking for. Also, make sure you deck is armed to receive the phonebook.

Its the same issue with the D3...because no windows mobile phone will work with it unless you're using Jetware.

I'm pretty sure you googled the problem... but try find a forum for your car deck or car audio. Make a post and see if anyone else is having a problem. I was lucky enough to find a Avic forum and thats how I found the solution.

Last edited by sj808; 11-18-2008 at 01:09 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro