PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2008, 04:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

mrrogers1 is keeping up the good workmrrogers1 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Transfer mobile favorites to Opera?

I wonder why the hell they took that option out of Opera? It is in the official release versions before the newer Touch Flo versions. It was awfully handy.
Old 11-30-2008, 05:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

VelJharig is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadywwf316 View Post
Hi, I tried doing this and when I overwrote the adr file in the directory mentioned above on my Sprint TP, I still had the same favorites, even after a soft reset. Any other ideas as to what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.
Hi folks,

I just got done figuring this out for a Telus version of the Touch Pro. On the Telus stock ROM, there are two locations that contain an opera.adr file. One is the aforementioned "/application data/opera" location. If you use SPB Mobile Shell 2.0, it will look for your default bookmarks there. The location used by the internal bookmarks utility for Opera is /windows/opera9, and if you want them to show up in the Opera internal bookmarks utility, you have to copy the opera.adr file to that location also. I followed the instructions posted by HTC_TP earlier in this thread to get my IE bookmarks converted, and then manually edited the file to adjust which bookmarks show up on the Internet tab in TF3D (I have about 900+ bookmarks, so I had to sort out how to limit which ones show up in the TF3D interface).

What I'm doing at the moment for changes is editing bookmarks in Opera Mobile, and then copying the file from /windows/opera9 to /application data/opera so that SPB Mobile Shell can see the updates. I might have a look through the opera.ini file at some point to see if I can just point the default Opera bookmarks location to /application data/opera as well, but I don't edit the bookmarks very often myself, so the manual copy process works for the moment.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

--VelJharig
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-30-2008, 05:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

HTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuff

Quote:
Hi, I tried doing this and when I overwrote the adr file in the directory mentioned above on my Sprint TP, I still had the same favorites, even after a soft reset. Any other ideas as to what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.
I tried the import/export again to try to replicate your issue, but it copied over just fine for me....Did you try doing it a second time?
Old 11-30-2008, 05:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

fadywwf316 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC_TP View Post
I tried the import/export again to try to replicate your issue, but it copied over just fine for me....Did you try doing it a second time?
I'll try dumping it also into that 2nd folder, but does that mean I'll lose the Youtube application (which shows as a favorite on the internet tab) as well as the bookmarks I manually did myself before the import? I don't mind losing those (4 bookmarks) but I don't want to lose the youtube app, please let me know if you think I'll lose those links during the overwrite. Thank you!
Old 11-30-2008, 06:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

HTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuff

Quote:
I'll try dumping it also into that 2nd folder, but does that mean I'll lose the Youtube application (which shows as a favorite on the internet tab) as well as the bookmarks I manually did myself before the import? I don't mind losing those (4 bookmarks) but I don't want to lose the youtube app, please let me know if you think I'll lose those links during the overwrite. Thank you!
You shouldn't lose the Youtube app when following the instruction set listed in my previous post (#9 in this thread). As an extra safety net you can always re-install Opera Mobile from the cab file on the TP (\Windows\WM6_PPC_HTC_Opera9_WWE.CAB).
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-30-2008, 06:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

fadywwf316 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC_TP View Post
You shouldn't lose the Youtube app when following the instruction set listed in my previous post (#9 in this thread). As an extra safety net you can always re-install Opera Mobile from the cab file on the TP (\Windows\WM6_PPC_HTC_Opera9_WWE.CAB).
Worked like a charm, thank you!
Old 12-11-2008, 12:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo 4G

pacmantom is becoming a great contributor

I'm having a problem moving my bookmarks to the mobile verison. I imported my bookmarks to opera desktop. I exported it to my desktop and I moved the file opera6.adr to both the application date/opera and to the windows/opera9. I soft reset before i did it to make sure nothing was running and when I copied to the application data folders.

I can open it with the opera browser and it shows my bookmarks but nothing shows up. When I copy that file to the windows/opera 9 folder it shows this when I open opera

Opera Hotlist version 2.0
Options : encoding = utf8, version =3

#FOLDER
ID==12
NAME==Trash
CREATED==122896922

#URL
ID==13
NAME==News
CREATED==122896922

It pretty much deletes the file I put in there and puts in a blank folder. Is the folder write protected? Any suggestions to fixing it?
Old 12-20-2008, 04:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6900 - Vogue

daamayzn is just getting started

As a dedicated PIE 2.2 user, I was new to Opera and have enjoyed learning it, its an awesome little program. The first thing I wanted to do, once I was comfortable with operating Opera, was to import my favorites. The single link by single link worked, but not fun if you have a ton of favorites and bookmarks like I do. So I did a lil investigating (isn't the internet awesome) and here what I found:

Download BMC32b2 (Book Mark Converter 3.2 beta 2) from which is attached or from Bookmark Converter 3.2 beta 2

then

Follow these directions

**Two notes**
  • In Step 9 - You can edit the Opera6.adr file with Notepad or Word easily with the 'Find and Replace' tool
  • In Step 12 - In my case my favorites file for Opera was located in the "Windows\Opera9\" folder
I did a Soft Reset and voila! All your IE/PIE favorites in Opera.

I'm using the Sprint Touch with Windows Mobile 6.1 OS 5.2.20931 build 20931.1.5.0 (which is awesome!), Opera ver 9.5 build 2745 for Windows Mobile, IE Explorer 7, and PIE ver 2.2
Attached Files
File Type: zip bmc32b2.zip (3.93 MB, 51 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:00 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by daamayzn View Post
As a dedicated PIE 2.2 user, I was new to Opera and have enjoyed learning it, its an awesome little program. The first thing I wanted to do, once I was comfortable with operating Opera, was to import my favorites. The single link by single link worked, but not fun if you have a ton of favorites and bookmarks like I do. So I did a lil investigating (isn't the internet awesome) and here what I found:

Download BMC32b2 (Book Mark Converter 3.2 beta 2) from which is attached or from Bookmark Converter 3.2 beta 2

then

Follow these directions

**Two notes**
  • In Step 9 - You can edit the Opera6.adr file with Notepad or Word easily with the 'Find and Replace' tool
  • In Step 12 - In my case my favorites file for Opera was located in the "Windows\Opera9\" folder

I'm using the Sprint Touch with Windows Mobile 6.1 OS 5.2.20931 build 20931.1.5.0 (which is awesome!), Opera ver 9.5 build 2745 for Windows Mobile, IE Explorer 7, and PIE ver 2.2
WHOA! Awesome find! I'll definitely be trying this tonight
Old 12-21-2008, 12:44 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by daamayzn View Post

then

Follow these directions

**Two notes**

NICE find and great contribution... welcome aboard!

Best... Member... Ever...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro