PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2008, 05:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Peezee Foesheezee
Carrier: Sprint

stevenp1200 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Alarm Issue or Sleep Issue (What is it?)

I am aware that this problem has been addressed, but in my opinion, not as thorough as expected. I know about going to Start/ Settings/ System/ Power/Advanced and disabling all the boxes, and disabling "Today Timeout" in the Today menu, but my alarm does not seem to work consistently. I've done a hard reset twice. It works in the beginning, but ultimately, the end result is the alarm will show, but won't sound. I also heard somewhere in this forum that Hard Resetting the device is only a "Temporary Solution," cause (due to some software bug) the problem will persist again down the line. I am using SPB Time on the today screen cause I do not like TF3D. My question is, is this a result of using SPB Time or is the Diamond pro still having issues with the alarm (or Sleep?) Is G Alarm that much consistent. I rather use the original style of the Today screen (w/ out G Alarm) cause I feel it is simpler with SPB mobile and Time. So with that said...DO I REALLY HAVE TO USE TF3D so I could wake up to go to work. By the way I am using the original stock rom.

Last edited by stevenp1200; 11-14-2008 at 05:53 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Alarm Issue or Sleep Issue (What is it?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenp1200 View Post
My question is, is this a result of using SPB Time or is the Diamond pro still having issues with the alarm (or Sleep?)
Is this about the Touch Diamond or the Touch Pro...because there is no Diamond Pro that I am aware of and you posted in the Touch Pro forum. As to your question, I have not had any problems on either the Diamond or the Touch Pro but I use and like TF3D. I am also using a completely stock Sprint rom so it very well could have something to do with a program you have installed or that you have disabled.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:10 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

stevenp1200 is a n00b

Sorry I have the "Touch Pro." Everyone's alarm works flawlessly withoug any issues?

Last edited by stevenp1200; 11-14-2008 at 06:13 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

bullet2300 is keeping up the good workbullet2300 is keeping up the good work

No problems here! Stock ROM and using TF3D though...
Old 11-14-2008, 06:17 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

I have two alarms set... one for weekdays and one for the weekend (and keep in mind, this is just through Start > Settings > System > Clocks > Alarm). Neither has ever NOT worked, even if the phone is in standby.

Nevermind the original question about other time software, had I read more thoroughly I would have seen the Spb Time stuff. I've not used that program, but I do know that several of their programs have reported numerous issues since the Windows Mobile 6.1 update was first release, and Spb while great programs are also slow developers. It is very possibly a bug/conflict with Spb Time, so you might want to check their Spb Time forum for any information there.

Also, there are some other alarm programs, so you might give them a try if giving up Spb Time is not an option.

Last edited by GoodThings2Life; 11-14-2008 at 06:24 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Two things that have my alarms working like a charm.

I have S2U2 installed and its set to take over on backlight off (really only dims thanks to winmo). When it takes over, it is also set to cut off the backlight (not suspend) in 5 seconds when on the ac adapter. Alot of the times, when the system goes into suspend, all processes are put on hold.

Next, i have Klaxon alarm installed. Its a gesture and light controlled alarm clock (shake the phone or turn on a light to cut off or snooze it).

With this set up, my alarms are working perfectly.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:34 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

stevenp1200 is a n00b

If you think about it (or try it out) SPB is the best as far as simplicity. The alarm also loops the sound files better then the original clock. Is there a tweak I could apply to my phone so 3rd party applications such as SPB Time could work? G Alarm and Klaxon 2 are anything , but simple to use. I am not completely attached to SPB, but if anyone had any other suggestions besides GAlarm, Klaxon 2 or the home alarm, I would be open to them.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

zameer is a n00b

I'm having a minor issue with the alarms on my TP. When an alarm goes off, I don't get the visual indicator that gives me the option to dismiss it. Is there a setting I need to change?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro