PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2008, 01:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

rlmentz is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Earpiece Volume to loud

I have found fixes for problems with the speaker volume being too low, but has anyone experienced their volume too loud? With the earpiece volume turned all the way down, i find myself still holding the phone away from my ear. Its still so loud it can be heard several feet away. Is there a setting for boosting the audio on the phone that I can uncheck?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by rlmentz; 11-14-2008 at 02:01 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

regression is keeping up the good workregression is keeping up the good work
Re: Earpiece Volume to loud

I have noticed the same thing on mine. So far I haven't run across anything. Hopefully someone will chime in.....
Old 11-14-2008, 05:36 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

I have NEVER heard anyone claim their earpiece is TOO loud, lol. At least, not with an HTC device.

That said, try the "Light" version of AudioPara3.csv.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41385

Oh, and if you use Diamond Tweak... don't use its audio boost options, that could very well be the cause of your problem.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:46 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

turn your hearing aid down.......j/k lol
Old 11-14-2008, 06:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

tomemail is just getting started

Hi, I have a volume related ?
I loaded the non-light version and it's great. Everything is loud and clear from a phone conversation standpoint, but issues with the ringer.

I have a few mp3's trimmed for ringers and when the phone rings, it starts quietly and then gets loud and followed by quiet again.

This is not an issue with the exculating volume control on the ringer. It's not set to do that and it's not gradual. It's quiet then bursts to load then back...anyone else notice this?

thanks

Last edited by tomemail; 11-14-2008 at 06:16 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:45 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

tomemail,

Might want to search through the audiopara thread for that... I've seen it mentioned a couple times, but I didn't pay enough attention to the issue to see what the solution was.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Sideman7 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomemail View Post
Hi, I have a volume related ?
I loaded the non-light version and it's great. Everything is loud and clear from a phone conversation standpoint, but issues with the ringer.

I have a few mp3's trimmed for ringers and when the phone rings, it starts quietly and then gets loud and followed by quiet again.

This is not an issue with the exculating volume control on the ringer. It's not set to do that and it's not gradual. It's quiet then bursts to load then back...anyone else notice this?

thanks
This sounds like you have voice command set to announce incoming calls. It doesn't work (which has been discussed quite a bit here), but it does lower the ringer volume for the announcement (which would explain the quiet- loud - quiet- loud) . Try turning off this option in the voice command setting and see if it behaves any better.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:29 PM
N00b

Smile Re: Earpiece Volume to loud

Fantastic! Thanks for the quick response. If I just uncheck the phone and message option it works fine, or all together. I don't really know why I had changed it to announce calls.

Thanks Again

Love this site! I think this phone's a keeper now. If someone could just fix that keyboard back light thing...
Old 11-14-2008, 07:32 PM
N00b

Oh, sorry, I forgot something....
I try to search for things I'm looking for, but the search button is busted, or seems to be.

When I click on it, nothing happens until I click something else. When I click something else, it flashes and dissapears quickly??

If you guys know what I'm doing wrong or can direct me to who I should ask I would greatly appreciate it

thanks
Old 11-14-2008, 07:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Sideman7 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomemail View Post
Fantastic! Thanks for the quick response. If I just uncheck the phone and message option it works fine, or all together. I don't really know why I had changed it to announce calls.
You disabled voice command for the phone completely? If you highlight "phone", you can then click on options and shut off "announce incoming calls", without disabling voice command for the phone application. I find voice dialing invaluable and use it almost exclusively. Aside from dialing contacts, it's great to be able to "redial" or "call back" when you are driving or your hands are busy...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro