PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2009, 03:22 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [3/23/09: nueKBLight 1.5] [SOLVED] Quest to modify the timeout for hardware keybo

sim changer seems to need work. You guys are not alone. I told it to set it to full qwerty in portrait and instead it set it to the tiny wm keyboard. I've turned mine off for the time being.

hey look at that, my 1000th post lol

Last edited by chronster; 03-23-2009 at 03:51 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:14 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: [3/23/09: nueKBLight 1.5] [SOLVED] Quest to modify the timeout for hardware keybo

Any chance you can make it so the keyboard light turns on if we move from a light place to a dark place with the keyboard open the whole time? That might eat more battery though if it keeps checking.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:40 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushco View Post
Any chance you can make it so the keyboard light turns on if we move from a light place to a dark place with the keyboard open the whole time? That might eat more battery though if it keeps checking.
that's how it's been working for me.. it won't turn it back off in you go back into a lit area though.

I also was unable to get the sip change to work.
Old 03-24-2009, 03:42 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
that's how it's been working for me.. it won't turn it back off in you go back into a lit area though.

I also was unable to get the sip change to work.
I think my keyboard light turns on if it is in light. I am outside and I open my keyboard and the light is off. As soon as I hit a button the light turns on. Is this true with everyone else?
Old 03-24-2009, 04:04 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

rjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushco View Post
I think my keyboard light turns on if it is in light. I am outside and I open my keyboard and the light is off. As soon as I hit a button the light turns on. Is this true with everyone else?

LMAO sorry but thats a good one. Thats a standard stock feature havent you ever noticed it? Whenver you open the keyboard the light comes on for about 6 seconds. This app prevents it from shutting OFF after that time. Not to prevent it from coming on. Although the sensor app should not EXTEND that time limit if it senses the level of light you selected.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:29 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

yea, my bad. I didn't really test that far.
actually this gets to the root of issue... we still need a user set timeout.

how it works now (as it should IMO)
1. (slide open) check light level = on/off **timeout needed here**
2. every time a key is pressed the countdown begins
3. if timeout is reached goto "1"

**edit**

Last edited by shaggylive; 03-24-2009 at 04:34 AM.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Prē

fr4nk1yn is keeping up the good workfr4nk1yn is keeping up the good workfr4nk1yn is keeping up the good work

My problem may have come from having NueSlidingKB and this insatlled.

I'm having a problem with my portrait qwerty keyboard.
Although it's set to compact in sliding settings after the keyboard is closed it goes back to qwerty easch time.

I haven't played in the registry yet to find the keys but I'm about to.
Radio: Sprint 1.11.00F
Old 03-24-2009, 09:38 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr4nk1yn View Post
My problem may have come from having NueSlidingKB and this insatlled.

I'm having a problem with my portrait qwerty keyboard.
Although it's set to compact in sliding settings after the keyboard is closed it goes back to qwerty easch time.

I haven't played in the registry yet to find the keys but I'm about to.
make sure nueSlidingKB is uninstalled; it will directly conflict with nueKBLight.

about the the press button 6 seconds timeout, i haven't figured out how to override htc's code yet without rewriting the whole keyboard handler, so yeah. thats on a lower priority right now.

I'll take another look into the light sensor code though.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

Vlip3 is just getting started

I have MightyROM 4.14 installed (tried it on 4.15 as well). I do not have any other nueTools. When I install nueKBLight-1459-v1.5 (by the way the installer is the slickest thing I have ever seen on a phone) I have the following problem: If the screen is on when I slide out my keyboard, everything works fine but, if I slide out the keyboard when the screen is off, instead of seeing the two rows of buttons for e-mail, messages, etc., instead I see the top two-thirds of my home screen and garbled video to the right of it. I have to soft reset to get out of this; i.e. even if I close the keyboard the screen remains locked up.
I expect the behavior to be the same when I slide out the keyboard regardless of whether the screen is on or off before I slide.
I searched this thread and did not see any posts that describe this issue.
Anyone got any ideas? I never even got past testing how well this thing works, I uninstalled almost right away.

Thanks,
Vlip3
Old 03-27-2009, 12:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Rooted Stock ROM

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by no2chem View Post
make sure nueSlidingKB is uninstalled; it will directly conflict with nueKBLight.

about the the press button 6 seconds timeout, i haven't figured out how to override htc's code yet without rewriting the whole keyboard handler, so yeah. thats on a lower priority right now.

I'll take another look into the light sensor code though.
LOL, no2Chem, you just made my day. There is an alternate thread on the nueSlidingKB thread where we found this out completely by accident. Good to know you are aware of the conflict.

And thank you for all the amazing work.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro