PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2009, 02:03 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D
Carrier: Sprint

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [3/18/09: NO2CHEM FIX RELEASED!!!] Quest to modify the timeout for hardware keybo

Ok so, the KB does stay on, but when i turn the phone off (sleep) the keyboard turns off and the right back up.

Anyone else seeing this?

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!
Old 03-19-2009, 02:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Ranger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRanger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRanger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRanger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: [3/18/09: NO2CHEM FIX RELEASED!!!] Quest to modify the timeout for hardware keybo

I love how he just takes 2 days and makes a program that can make the keyboard light stay on. He is a flipping genius. Epic win No2chem
Old 03-19-2009, 02:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

FormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Confirmed. But, then again, why would you want to put the phone to sleep with the keyboard open? A quick test in a dark room confirms that the light goes off and stays off when the keyboard is closed.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)
Carrier: Verizon

therealm80 is keeping up the good worktherealm80 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to therealm80

It stops my sliding sound from playing at all. DOH.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:14 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

rjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuff

Ok been playing and playing with this I love it soo much I want to to be perfect lol

Say if you open a text window in portrait then open KB to landscape the light will time out after the normal 6 seconds. Closing the KB and reopening will catch the timer and it stays lit. ALTHOUGH I can now notice the driver catching the light cause it will Flicker off for a momment then back on staying on.
Also if you close the KB and hit the HOME key TF3 will reboot. This is on Ya For Juggs 6.1 rom have not tested that one bug out on any other rom as of yet I will later.

Thanks N02 your the best
Old 03-19-2009, 03:29 PM
ptfdmedic

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Red face Re: [3/18/09: NO2CHEM FIX RELEASED!!!] Quest to modify the timeout for hardware keybo

Has amyone made an oem version that works yet. I tried but when it gets oem'd and cooked it screws up landscape manila again. Anyone get this in cookable form.

Thanks for making this little cab it works great....

Rob
Old 03-19-2009, 03:43 PM
What the VIP is going on!
Pocket PC: iPhone/TP2/TP1
Carrier: AT&T/Sprint

silence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation level

Heres the file in oem form

HIT THANKS..
Attached Files
File Type: rar System - No2chem Keyboard Light.rar (15.3 KB, 20 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-19-2009, 03:45 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmjr69 View Post
Ok been playing and playing with this I love it soo much I want to to be perfect lol

Say if you open a text window in portrait then open KB to landscape the light will time out after the normal 6 seconds. Closing the KB and reopening will catch the timer and it stays lit. ALTHOUGH I can now notice the driver catching the light cause it will Flicker off for a momment then back on staying on.
Also if you close the KB and hit the HOME key TF3 will reboot. This is on Ya For Juggs 6.1 rom have not tested that one bug out on any other rom as of yet I will later.

Thanks N02 your the best
ok, i haven't been able to reproduce the tf3d reboot yet, or the portrait issue you've been experiencing,

but i'm working on the light not turning off when the device suspends, and the issue with opera... i know its because the keyboard driver treats opera in a special manner now..
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:53 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmjr69 View Post
Say if you open a text window in portrait then open KB to landscape the light will time out after the normal 6 seconds.
I had this in conversation mode after pushing a button.
I switched to non-threaded mode = no problme. I switched back to threaded mode and now it works fine.
I have not had manila reboot.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

TheDoctor1971 knows their stuffTheDoctor1971 knows their stuffTheDoctor1971 knows their stuffTheDoctor1971 knows their stuffTheDoctor1971 knows their stuffTheDoctor1971 knows their stuff

That's the only real bug I'd noticed as well. Sometimes I suspend the phone with the keyboard open if I'm in the midst of a text conversation and want to preserve battery. The keyboard says lit. If you then close the phone it wakes it back up and it didn't used to.

Nothing that's a deal breaker, I'm just happy having the keyboard stay lit since I frequently do text in the dark. God forbid I pause for thought longer than 6 seconds and have the keys go black on me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro