PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Installing screen protectors (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44728)

afx 11-13-2008 07:02 PM

Installing screen protectors

I didn't know this was such an issue so I think ill post a quick how-to on it.

Ive been a vinyl installer for 6 years now, I cut and install decals from 2 inches to 20 feet and install them anywhere I need and everyone asks me how I keep it so straight and bubble free, this is my technique and its easy as pie.

First, get a small glass of water and put 1 drop of dish liquid in it, mix it up and let the bubbles go away. (I use a special solution but this works just as well)

Next, wash your hands

thirdly, take the protector, put in on your hand topside down (non sticky part on your hand). Now this is where you can go 1 of 2 ways. 1, dip your finger in the liquid and rub it on the back of the protector until it has a good bit of liquid on it but isnt soping wet. Or 2 just dip the whole thing in the liquid and let it drip slightly dry.

Next, take your finger and wipe a little liquid on the screen of the phone, dont worry here, Ive done this one tons of phones and never screwed anything up, the thing is you dont want enough to run INTO the phone, just enough to lube the screen up.

Place the wet side of the protector on the wet side of the phone (dont put it on the back....that woud just be dumb...) and position it where you want it, you will be able to move it about freely because it had the liquid on the bottom.

When you find where you want it grab a paper towel and with a little pressure rub it on the bottom of the protector to push some of the water out where the paper towel can catch it, the reason were doing this is to anchor the protector so hold it steady when you wipe.

Now here's the easy part. Lay the paper towel over the protector and while putting a little pressure on the part you just wiped to hold it steady take a credit card (or anything similar) and rub it with a good amount of pressure over the protector from bottom to top (bottom being where you have already rubbed with the paper towel)

Any excess liquid will come out form under the protector and the paper towel will catch it.

Do the rubbing one or 2 more times, clean off any excess liquid and let the phone sit for an hour or so. You will have a perfect screen protector that wont even look like its on because it will have no bubbles, smudges, fingerprints etc. Just be sure to let it sit for a little, there will be a little moisture in there but it will actually dry up and become part of the adhesive OR dry through the protector (most vinyl has itty bitty holes on them to let water evaporate)

The great thing about this is if you screw up, just do it again.

I should have my pro in soon so when I get it ill be sure to post a video on how to do this specifically on your pro.

afx 11-14-2008 04:16 PM

Re: Installing screen protectors

:bump:

Nagual 11-14-2008 04:28 PM

I actually pinned your thread to the top in my user settings, because it sounds like really good advice afx. Although the install kit/instructions from Ghost Armor seem pretty comprehensive your post may help too, so thank you. :)

uptown 11-18-2008 02:57 PM

Great instructions, thank you.

thesfactor 11-18-2008 03:02 PM

Thanks! Looking forward to the video!

ejqr5 11-19-2008 10:34 PM

Thanks! Great post!

mesmerica 07-01-2012 02:52 AM

Hi,
My name is Mesmerica. I'm new to this site as of tonight. I just purchased an Ipad and wanted to protect my screen. Couldn't do it without tons of bubbles. Came to this site, tried this technique and voila! there are no bubbles and I'm sure after it dries, it will be nearly perfect. Truly a valuable tip. Thank you so much.

67GGH 08-20-2012 04:43 AM

Thank you for your suggestion, but I think my computer screen saver is still very good

Remax Anti-Fingerprint Ultra Oleophobic Film For HTC Desire HD at Elewarehouse.com

http://www.elewarehouse.com/UploadFi...1022452671.jpg