PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2008, 12:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

gpgorbosjr is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Cleanup (Sprint Edition)

Thanks for this. A lot of stuff I had already done myself, but half of it I was too lazy to do, so this is good.

Touchflo seems to run a little smoother, maybe because I only turned up sensitivity to 120.

Hopefully this is good for the battery, I've actually had the phone on 12+ hours and am still on 3 bars of power. However, I haven't had e-mail on like on my Mogul. Is it that much of a power hog? If so I may leave it out.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:13 AM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Hmm, actually, I find that all of the Windows Mobile phones always tend to be a little more data friendly than they are call friendly in terms of battery life. This pack makes all the power modifications that I know of, and I have always had pretty decent battery life.

That said, with any new device the radio can always stand some tweaking by HTC, and your usage habits can make a big difference too. As a base comparison, however, I take mine off the charger every morning around 7:00am. I have two email accounts checking every 30 minutes (rather than push). I text frequently, maybe 30 minutes of calls a day, check weather every few hours, and occassional web surfing. By 11:00pm, I'm down to 50-60% with the settings in my cab file.

Last edited by GoodThings2Life; 11-13-2008 at 01:42 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Sponge14 is a n00b

Is there any way I can undo all the changes this made? I thought I would like the outcome of your mods, but I want to get everything back the way it was...
Old 11-13-2008, 12:31 AM
Bringer of Good Things
Threadstarter

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level

I posted the tweaksonly version that leaves all the shortcuts alone. Many of you may prefer it over the other cabs.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Sponge14 is a n00b

How can I put everything back to normal, so I can run the new file you posted?
Old 11-13-2008, 12:42 AM
Bringer of Good Things
Threadstarter

Because of the number of changes, this can't be uninstalled without a hard reset. I know that's a pain, and I'll look into building a better "restore" option.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Sponge14 is a n00b

Damn... What about just a way to get the programs in start/programs back? I lost everything but a couple items in there.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:47 AM
Bringer of Good Things
Threadstarter

What do you mean you lost everything? The only thing it does is move the icons into folders on the start menu...
Old 11-13-2008, 12:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Sponge14 is a n00b

Ahh I see what happened! They were gone from the PROGRAMS folder, I thought they would be in BOTH places. I can live with this I think....
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:55 AM
Bringer of Good Things
Threadstarter

Yeah, sorry for the confusion... I just updated the original post to make that point a little clearer.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro