PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2008, 05:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

asuh is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question TF3D and WM increased speed possible?

It seems that a lot of people are finding success in speeding up their phone by getting rid of or not using TF3D. I'm sure that it's possible to have both but have a zippier phone; I just can't seem to find the happy medium for some reason. I've done a lot of tweaking but every time don't seem to find any good answers.

My biggest annoyance with the speed is touching the start menu and having to wait up to 2 seconds for it to load. My second annoyance is programs taking more than a few seconds to load.

What successes have you found in increasing the general speed of WM but still keeping TF3D active?
Old 11-12-2008, 05:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker

bullet2300 is keeping up the good workbullet2300 is keeping up the good work
Re: TF3D and WM increased speed possible?

I found that installing .Net 3.5 gave noticeable speed increase, especially opening programs. Have you tried that yet?
Old 11-12-2008, 05:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro

takmsdsm is keeping up the good worktakmsdsm is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to takmsdsm Send a message via AIM to takmsdsm Send a message via MSN to takmsdsm Send a message via Yahoo to takmsdsm

Quote:
Originally Posted by asuh View Post
It seems that a lot of people are finding success in speeding up their phone by getting rid of or not using TF3D. I'm sure that it's possible to have both but have a zippier phone; I just can't seem to find the happy medium for some reason. I've done a lot of tweaking but every time don't seem to find any good answers.

My biggest annoyance with the speed is touching the start menu and having to wait up to 2 seconds for it to load. My second annoyance is programs taking more than a few seconds to load.

What successes have you found in increasing the general speed of WM but still keeping TF3D active?

One, have you done any of the performance tweaks?

Two, use quickmenu instead of the default start menu. There is also a registry tweak for speeding up the stock menu but i cant remember it.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

asuh is just getting started

I haven't tried .net 3.5 yet. I saw someone post something about that but haven't seen any evidence that it speeds up the OS.

I have done a lot of the performance tweaks, as I stated. Most of them came from the sticky thread about the essentials.

I haven't heard of quickmenu but i'll go check it out. what bothers me about the start menu loading is that without TF3D it's quicker, but then have TF3D run and it slows down quite a bit to load.

where's Quicksilver/Launchy for WM when you need it!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro