PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2008, 02:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

chaofun is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Super laggy new Touch Pro - defective?

Hi guys,

Just got my Touch Pro last week. Coming from the mogul, this phone isn't that much better as it seems to be lagging all the time.

I've upgraded to few different roms, and it hasn't helped all that much either. I've tried the yay4juggs rom, the jd rom, and the eRice rom.

I really hate it when it lags during text messaging, typing emails, trying to close programs or open them, and even dialing phone numbers. It's not always laggy, but it is laggy way too often for a newer phone. I feel like my Mogul is wayyy faster. I'm always closing programs and managing my memory, but it's still super laggy. Not to mention, the battery life seems to be constantly draining, even after turning off incoming beam, activesync, and time synch-ing.

Did I get a bad/defective Touch Pro, or is this normal?
Old 11-13-2008, 02:29 AM
Lurker

08ms3red is a n00b
Re: Super laggy new Touch Pro - defective?

mine is never laggy when dialing numbers the only time mine ever lags is when the keyboard is open and im typing..Id try and get it swapped out at a repair center
Old 11-13-2008, 03:30 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

All three of mine were very laggy as you describe. I think it's just luck of the draw. Keep trying until you get a good one. Stick it to HTC on this.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:09 AM
sat
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

sat is a n00b

Mine was laggy at times as well, and I turned off TouchFlo and it was pretty fast. I had also installed some addons (the flipclock) and once I removed it, I can now use TouchFlo again with good speed.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

chaofun, was your slider on touchflo lagging too? or just the other mentionted circumstances? cause i have a lot of stuff on my pro and touchflo is still snappy. if you don't notice a big difference between the mogul and tp, i'd try returning it... IMO, the tp is much much better than my mogul ever was... i've had mine for a week and a half and still no freezes, my mogul froze almost once a day!
Old 11-13-2008, 11:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro!!

yungamazin is a n00b

mines was kind of laggy also but i just shut the power off and cut it bck on and it started working just fine... mayb doing a soft reset will help
Old 11-14-2008, 06:14 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo
Threadstarter

chaofun is a n00b

hmmm. . . I've disabled touch flo because I thought it would make the phone faster, but it's not.

The slider didn't lag that much when I did have touchflo on though. It just lags all the time when you open apps, text message, or just do anything . . .

I've tried soft resetting several times, tried hard resetting, new roms too. What kind of physical defect would cause this? Others seem to have had this super lag too?
Old 11-14-2008, 07:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre

Insoc is keeping up the good workInsoc is keeping up the good work

Turn off T9...
Old 11-14-2008, 09:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

Jspecrx7 is just getting started

Try a hard reset.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

My slider on my TP was VERY LAGGY. Actually, on all 3 that I had. It was almost an entire finger-width behind.

I played with a Diamond that Sprint accidentally sent me, and it was right on my finger. It was no where near as snappy as my Touch with TF2D, but much, much faster than my Pro.

I think that there are HUGE differences in these phones, depending on where they were manufactured. I wonder if the chipsets were bottom-of-the-barrel, (b-stock,) or something?

At AMD where I work, we do similar things. We produce, let's say, a million processors, and many of them will not work at the desired speeds, so we either clock them down and call them something else, or we sell them dirt cheap. I wonder if HTC did this with the Qualcomm chipset. It might explain all the heat problems as well.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro