PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2008, 12:40 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

kameisama is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hardware keyboard makes all emulators lag?

Hello all,
I recently tried a few emulators on my TP (PocketSNES, PocketNester Plus, MorphGear) and they all seemed to work fairly well. However, every time I try to use the hardware keyboard to control these games, the emulator will briefly pause to an unbearably low speed. When I press buttons in rapid succession, the emulator basically comes to a screeching halt, and then goes back to normal when I stop pressing buttons.
In MorphGear, I've tried changing the CPU throttling setting and the thread priority setting, but to no avail.
I'm using Gyrator 2 and KForTouchPro, but none of that seems to have any effect on performance.
Is there some keyboard setting I'm missing, or has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you solve it?
Old 11-17-2008, 01:01 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Hardware keyboard makes all emulators lag?

As of yet there is no fix for the keyboard slow downs.

It's a bit disheartening, but I really hope someone will design an up-to-date emulator that can use the full power of the Pro.

I definitely notice a slowdown when using the keyboard on my phone.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:03 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

havent used emulators yet... did for a short time with the mogul

Old 11-17-2008, 01:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Threadstarter

kameisama is a n00b

Exactly what I needed to know! I guess we just keep our eyes peeled and our fingers crossed now.
Thanks again!
Old 11-17-2008, 01:05 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Ooh trust me... if a fix turns up, there is no way you won't know...

It will be posted all over this site!
Old 11-17-2008, 01:15 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

Just like the time.... uhhhh..... hmmm.... i gotta think about this one for a sec. AHA! the time the mogul got rev a gps
Old 11-17-2008, 09:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

PolloLoco is keeping up the good workPolloLoco is keeping up the good work

I wonder if it's tied to the overall keyboard lag that people reported? I know that lag was eliminated for some by using custom roms (GSM version).

I found this out last weekend - when I started to use screentaps instead of the keyboard - and saw no lag. I then tried an old buetooth gamepad for PPC's I almost never used - and again there was no lag. Though I mapped it to the external buttons.

At least one person in the software section of xda developers claims no lag in emulation - and he appears to be running a different rom. He said he's going to post a video when he gets the chance. I'm hoping the fix will be as simple as changing some registry settings or flashing to a different rom.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

shdwknt is becoming a great contributor
Smile Re: Hardware keyboard makes all emulators lag?

Ya all the research points to the hardware keyboard.. I have actually started researching this list night looking for other solutions to bluetooth and usb controllers for the device. There are a few people that at one time had a wiimote bluetooth driver project going for the ppc - but it was scraped some time last year.

I have looked into and posted questions about maybe the ps3 or even xbox 360 controllers - there is a usb gamepad driver sitting out and about I want to try.. need to get an adapter though. Looks as if it was for a different model ppc device - but what the hay.. might as well try it..

anyhow.. if anyone can come up with a better solution other then the 60-90 bt gamepad let me know!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro