PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2008, 01:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: T7380 Touch Pro 2 <-6850 <-6800 <- 6700 <- 6600...
Carrier: Sprint

wavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TF3D Internet Tab Tweaks/Mods?

So I was able to set my default browser in TF3D to PIE by copying over the operaL.exe in windows. And if I set my bookmarks in opera before hand they will show up on the internet tab and open in PIE (great). I had two questions:

Can I remove the YouTube listing?

When I tap the world it open the page http:///home - can I get rid of this and have it open to my home page?

I assume these are settings that can be adjusted in a manila file similar to removing the Sprint Music Store banner- Does anyone know to do this?

Thanks very much!
Old 11-12-2008, 02:28 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Re: TF3D Internet Tab Tweaks/Mods?

You should be able to use some of the information here to guide you... the file you want to edit is probably 27c65cbd_manila.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=419792
Old 11-12-2008, 02:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

wavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuff

GoodThings-your're a genius. I was able to kill the youtube info from there! I can't open XDA from this computer, I'll check later. Hopefully there will be info to how change the http:///home there.

Thanks!
Old 11-12-2008, 03:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TouchPro

godizus is a n00b

I wonder if the same can be done for the music player...I don't really like the one TF3D uses...
Old 11-12-2008, 03:44 PM
Bringer of Good Things

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level

There are tons of hacks available, but unfortunately they all require a significant amount of editing and work to tweak right now. Just search through these forums and you'll find plenty of guidelines here and at XDA on how to do things.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

This may be noobish but it appears I need to get into 7d3f1247_manila to change the home page setting- but TC won't allow me to edit it as it is larger than 64k... how do I get at it?
Old 11-13-2008, 11:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g LTE

AYSIANA is keeping up the good workAYSIANA is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavezero View Post
So I was able to set my default browser in TF3D to PIE by copying over the operaL.exe in windows. And if I set my bookmarks in opera before hand they will show up on the internet tab and open in PIE (great).
Could you please explain this process step by step for me in detain because I hate Opera too and want to use PIE by default.

After I do this Im gonna get rid of the dumb YouTube link/banner too.

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-13-2008, 12:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYSIANA View Post
Could you please explain this process step by step for me in detain because I hate Opera too and want to use PIE by default.

After I do this Im gonna get rid of the dumb YouTube link/banner too.

Thanks in advance!
Ok...

1. If you want your favorites to show up in your internet tab below the globe then set all your bookmarks in opera first.

2. Unzip the Darkness231... file below, transter this to your TP and run the file. This sets the defaults to ie instead of opera (like when you open a link in mail. (thanks to Darkness231 at XDA for putting this together)

3. WARNING: this step will kill opera. Unzip the Manila Opera Fix file below, transfer to your TP. Copy the OperaL.exe file to the windows directory over the existing one. This is just pie renamed so when manila attempts to open opera it opens pie. Apparently you can then reinstall opera from the windows directory by running WM6_PPC_HTC_Opera9_WWE and installing to your storage card, then you can use both. I haven't tried this yet because I don't want to loose my bookmarks in the internet tab, and I assume that reinstalling this would wipe this clean. (thanks to Detroit Doug for this step)
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:25 PM
Bringer of Good Things

I'm working on a full-blown tutorial here... might take a week to finish the write-up, but I'm working on it at least and welcome instructional contributions.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44689
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavezero View Post
So I was able to set my default browser in TF3D to PIE by copying over the operaL.exe in windows. And if I set my bookmarks in opera before hand they will show up on the internet tab and open in PIE (great). I had two questions:

Can I remove the YouTube listing?

When I tap the world it open the page http:///home - can I get rid of this and have it open to my home page?

I assume these are settings that can be adjusted in a manila file similar to removing the Sprint Music Store banner- Does anyone know to do this?

Thanks very much!
Still can't find the answer to this. I have now gone through EVERY single xxxxxx_manila file on the phone hoping to see a home address referenced (or anything like it). no such luck. Any ideas please?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro