PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Sprint Navigation on Touch Pro (Rom Date 09/12/08): Won't go into Landscape (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44450)

paulloren 11-12-2008 12:02 PM

Sprint Navigation on Touch Pro (Rom Date 09/12/08): Won't go into Landscape

Has Anyone else notice that Sprint Navigation won't go into landscape unless you open the keyboard.

I tested the Sprint HTC Diamond and it doesn't seem to have this problem.

I have also read that others have a build date of 10/19/2008. Which is strange being that I just receive mine from Sprint Account Services last Friday, and people have been posting the 10/19/2008 for the past 2 weeks.

Also I can't find the Screen Rotation Applet under Settings>Display nor under button reassignment like every other pocket pc going back to WinMo 2003 SE.

The accelerometer seems to only work in Opera/Camera Album/Spritnt TV and YouTube.

I also hate( just like with mogul) that after you close the keyboard it jumps back to Portrait, but at least with the Mogul I was able to Map the IE button to screen rotate(and would use to go back to landscape).

While using in the car- I have always mounted my PDA(X50/X51/PPC6700/Mogul) sideways in landscape.

This is is 4 years arss backwards. What was HTC Thinking? it is bad enough that the Keyboard lost Start/OK/ and softkeys.

Here is My Build Info: Can Someone comment on how their dates and version differ:

Others on PPCgeeks are saying that they have build date of 10/19/08, mine has build date of 9/12/08.
What is interesting is that they publish their newer date a week or two before I received mine last week.

Here is my Build Information can you comment if there are different build floating out there:

Rom Version:1.03.651.3
Rom date:9/12/08
Radio version:1.03.15f
Protocal version:7500j- SDCBAPZM-6150
Hadware version:02
Prl:60614
Pri version:1.47_003

nesta17 11-12-2008 01:00 PM

Re: Sprint Navigation on Touch Pro (Rom Date 09/12/08): Won't go into Landscape

Install Gyrator 2. That will allow you to use Landscape without the keyboard open for sprint tv and almost every other application.

You will need to search for the free application.

paulloren 11-12-2008 01:27 PM

Re: Sprint Navigation on Touch Pro (Rom Date 09/12/08): Won't go into Landscape

Quote:

Originally Posted by nesta17 (Post 513965)
Install Gyrator 2. That will allow you to use Landscape without the keyboard open for sprint tv and almost every other application.

You will need to search for the free application.

Thanks

But does anyone have Sprint Navigation nativity going landscape without any mods like the Diamond does? I wonder why it works on Diamond out of the box but not on my pro?

What about the RotateScreen.exe prgram that I have seen under the Diamond Threads.

I take it Gyrator 2 uses the accelerometer while RotateScreen,exe is similar to the old native Display Settings Applet.

I also came across GenSen- does that predate Gyrator 2?