PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which system do you use?
Windows Mobile 38 31.40%
Touch Flo 3d 80 66.12%
Other (list) 3 2.48%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2008, 06:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

webazoid is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Does your TP load into TF3d or WM?

Wondering which system everyone is using. TF3d is too slow for me so i disabled it in favor of standard WM.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Fruzion is becoming a great contributor
Re: Does your TP load into TF3d or WM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by webazoid View Post
Wondering which system everyone is using. TF3d is too slow for me so i disabled it in favor of standard WM.
I'm sorry, but I just don't know where you guys come from. TF3D for me is blazing fast, never have any speed issues whatsoever (Except when opening music, but hey, my computer lags a bit when opening iTunes...) as long as mem usage is under 85%-90%. And that takes alot of program usage at one time.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

I use tf3d with secondtoday for my today plugins... also have mobile shell menu launcher as my right soft button in 2nd today and also in my program launcher on tf3d. I'm covered on all fronts.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruzion View Post
I'm sorry, but I just don't know where you guys come from. TF3D for me is blazing fast, never have any speed issues whatsoever (Except when opening music, but hey, my computer lags a bit when opening iTunes...) as long as mem usage is under 85%-90%. And that takes alot of program usage at one time.
I don't understand what they're talking about either.. I have secondtoday, so i can load all my old plugins and mobile shell, and tf3d loaded and it's still snappy.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: The 3VO
Carrier: Sprint for service PPC geeks for eerythang else :)

toinejuan is keeping up the good worktoinejuan is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to toinejuan Send a message via Yahoo to toinejuan

I don't know where your seeing the lack of speed at but I'm not seeing it. As previously mention the only time I see a hint of slow down is when you hit the music tab and it needs to load songs. If you use Diamond tweaks you can make TF3D a bit faster for your liking but it's good right out the box, to each their own though.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:22 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

I use TouchFLO3D for now, but I definitely miss Spb Mobile Shell... but Spb's development cycle is obnoxiously slow (worse than HTC's, lol) and I've always been more inclined to stay where the development and support is most active.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evil Evo

i360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
I use TouchFLO3D for now, but I definitely miss Spb Mobile Shell... but Spb's development cycle is obnoxiously slow (worse than HTC's, lol) and I've always been more inclined to stay where the development and support is most active.
You'll be happy to know it works fine on the TP, I tried it last night since missing it on my Mogul. Its less bloated then TF3D, and uses almost 10% less ram, not that its an issue any longer with the TP compared to the Mogul, but great none the less. Just thought you may want to know.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:44 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by i360 View Post
You'll be happy to know it works fine on the TP, I tried it last night since missing it on my Mogul. Its less bloated then TF3D, and uses almost 10% less ram, not that its an issue any longer with the TP compared to the Mogul, but great none the less. Just thought you may want to know.
Well, RAM usage initially may be less, but let's face it... Mobile Shell is also guilty of some pretty bad memory leaking too, so that's just relative.

I miss Mobile shell for the familiarity factor, though, not for a performance reason. TF3D performs perfectly well for me, and actually performs better since I enabled a few tweaks (see my Touch Pro Cleanup link in signature for details).

I do wonder how many people that are experiencing performance issues with TF3D are due to huge numbers of songs and pictures on their phones versus a perceived performance hinderance (coming from Mogul or Apache expecting miracles on the Touch Pro) versus actual performance problem.

Every post I've seen crying about TF3D has been rather cryptic and vague about WHY they think it's slow, or has been easily corrected.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

knives of ice is just getting started

i'm anxiously awaiting the vga version of HTC Home that allows for customization. i just don't like all the extra taps i need in touch flow 3d. does anyone seriously use that ridiculous note feature to read an email? extra tap there...also i don't like that touching the sms icon automatically shows the last message as if i want anyone that checks out my new phone to read my last message. the way the texts and emails are displayed just seem clunky and worthless to me and thats what i use this phone for the most.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evil Evo

i360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
Well, RAM usage initially may be less, but let's face it... Mobile Shell is also guilty of some pretty bad memory leaking too, so that's just relative.
Well, i missed Mobil Shell for the ability to customize the phone more as well. I thought I would share something I noticed using it compared to TF3D, any mem leaks would be checked with the installed MemMaid app (Previously used Oxios). I do remember Pocket Plus, which is highly customizable, to suffer from severe memory leaking when I tried it in the past. As far as the TF3D issues, they may be due to the animations that occur at times. For me it works well enough once I installed TF3D tweak to cut some of the fat and reorganize the tabs along the bottom.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro