PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2008, 04:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dahlem is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardahlem is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardahlem is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Problems with Skyfire

Running version 7081. Runs great . . .
Old 11-10-2008, 05:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Existentialism is keeping up the good workExistentialism is keeping up the good work

Yes, it runs fine in protrait, that's not the issue. Try running it in Landscape . . .
Old 11-10-2008, 05:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Existentialism View Post
Yes, it runs fine in protrait, that's not the issue. Try running it in Landscape . . .
yeah i dunno... everyone has been complaining that it doesnt work at all cause it shows in half screen on vga devices cause it's for qvga. now you guys wanna claim it works. i just tried it and it's the same in portrait and landscape. Existentialism your ppc info says titan, so maybe you haven't tried it on a pro..

edit: nvmd i got it working after either a soft reset or switching my keyboard from full to compact qwerty then back again... not sure which, but hey it's working.

Last edited by lipidfats; 11-10-2008 at 05:46 PM.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:45 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G-EVO 3D-Acer Iconia A500

gmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuff

I have a Touch Pro and it works. When you first install it, it comes on with half the screen and you need to put your email and password in. After you do that close skyfire then run it again with the keyboard open. It should run good but it doesnt look as good as it did on my mogul, its not as clear.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmfeny View Post
I have a Touch Pro and it works. When you first install it, it comes on with half the screen and you need to put your email and password in. After you do that close skyfire then run it again with the keyboard open. It should run good but it doesnt look as good as it did on my mogul, its not as clear.
yeah runs in landscape as long as you start with the keyboard open and leave it open... also runs in portrait mode as long as you leave it in portrait.. hope they come out with an official vga version soon. They lock any posts regarding this on their forum, kinda strange.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Working here as well, but its quite slow compared to opera when scrolling/zooming; it is loading pages fine and quick though, I agree the images and visuals dont look very sharp because they are being blown up to VGA. However, it can display full pages all the time and is still quite beneficial to have.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch PRO Dos

madzilla is becoming a great contributor

That "fix" doesnt really work. well i mean the app does what its supposed to do but it doesnt help skyfire. it basically makes stuff like text and start menu different sizes. 96dpi makes the start menu small as !@#$ lol

Deffinitly gives your phone more screen real estate if you are willing to use a stylus a lot

Last edited by madzilla; 11-11-2008 at 07:07 PM.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:39 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

There is still an active thread over at Skyfire. Its about this work around they have...but the promising thing is that halfway down the thread Skyfire's people are claiming that they are close to a full VGA supported version of Skyfire.

http://support.skyfire.com/forums/in...17&#entry15217
Old 11-11-2008, 09:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo Soon!

soggystockings is just getting started
Skyfire mobile?

I tried to get skyfire to load on my phone but that was a no go...Any way around this? I cant get my fantasy football page from espn to load correctly...like the desk top

Old 11-11-2008, 09:31 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
Re: Skyfire mobile?

Extremely well-known issue. Doesn't support VGA phones yet. Period.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro