PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2008, 11:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

havieri23 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
how do I keep screen on while in call

i remember there was a setting in wm6.1 to disable touchscreen while in call. which i couldn't find. But anyhow, is there a setting to enable the backlight while in call. Sometimes i need to press a number while dialing a customer service service number, and the phone screen just turns off right after it connects me. It's pretty annoying i have to press the power button to turn back on the screen to get to the dialpad.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: CDMA Touch Pro

poonam316 is just getting started
Re: how do I keep screen on while in call

I would like to know how to do this as well. I hate that after I have finished a phone call I have to press the power button to press the call end option. I guess they made it this way so that your cheek doesn't actually end the call!
Old 11-11-2008, 11:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by havieri23 View Post
i remember there was a setting in wm6.1 to disable touchscreen while in call. which i couldn't find. But anyhow, is there a setting to enable the backlight while in call. Sometimes i need to press a number while dialing a customer service service number, and the phone screen just turns off right after it connects me. It's pretty annoying i have to press the power button to turn back on the screen to get to the dialpad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poonam316 View Post
I would like to know how to do this as well. I hate that after I have finished a phone call I have to press the power button to press the call end option. I guess they made it this way so that your cheek doesn't actually end the call!
... are you guys serious? so my question is why would you want to disable the touch screen portion when you also want to (at times) dial a number while in a call... doesnt that kind of contradict itself?? i never realised hitting the power button could cause such a hassel.. its a simple push to turn the screen on and another to turn it back off...sheesh. my guess is if you really want such an app, then you might be luckier at xda-developers.com.. they do most of the app making over there. ill check my phone to see if i can find that disable touchscreen setting, i never knew it was even available

samsung 640A --> motorola Q --> sprint touch --> now doin it big with the touch pro... oh so sexy lol

Last edited by blue4shizzle; 11-11-2008 at 11:53 PM.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC
Carrier: Sprint

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

HKCU\ControlPanel\Phone\Sleep switch value from 1 to 0

you could try this hack...make sure u softrest.
Don't just say "Thanks"....give
Old 11-12-2008, 12:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

adihere is a n00b

why not just goto the your power setttings advanced tab and set it accordingly...? and if your worried about it staying on too long when not in use just hit the power button to turn the display off...if your concerned about battery consumption
Old 11-12-2008, 12:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

flyhigh is keeping up the good workflyhigh is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by poonam316 View Post
I hate that after I have finished a phone call I have to press the power button to press the call end option.
The easiest way to end the call even with the screen off is to press the bottom right hardware button. That's the one the looks like a phone upside down. Simply press that, and the call is ended. Really, your thumb is almost there as your holding the phone anyway so it's actually easier to do this then to find the end call soft button on the screen if it were on. Plus it won't kill your battery.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adihere View Post
why not just goto the your power setttings advanced tab and set it accordingly...? and if your worried about it staying on too long when not in use just hit the power button to turn the display off...if your concerned about battery consumption
that wasn't my question. power settings are at longest settings anyhow. i'm not worried about battery consumption. i just was getting annoyed with the screen turning off immediately right after i get connected since i need to access the dialpad right afterwards.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:37 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

have you done the hack? on post #4
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adihere View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Zone View Post
have you done the hack? on post #4
will do..still flashing the phone with a new rom. repped.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:12 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

sometimes hitting the hard end doesnt end the call hit it twice.

powersettings dont matter if you are on a call

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro