PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   how do I keep screen on while in call (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44386)

havieri23 11-11-2008 11:42 PM

how do I keep screen on while in call

i remember there was a setting in wm6.1 to disable touchscreen while in call. which i couldn't find. But anyhow, is there a setting to enable the backlight while in call. Sometimes i need to press a number while dialing a customer service service number, and the phone screen just turns off right after it connects me. It's pretty annoying i have to press the power button to turn back on the screen to get to the dialpad.

poonam316 11-11-2008 11:45 PM

Re: how do I keep screen on while in call

I would like to know how to do this as well. I hate that after I have finished a phone call I have to press the power button to press the call end option. I guess they made it this way so that your cheek doesn't actually end the call!

blue4shizzle 11-11-2008 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by havieri23 (Post 512942)
i remember there was a setting in wm6.1 to disable touchscreen while in call. which i couldn't find. But anyhow, is there a setting to enable the backlight while in call. Sometimes i need to press a number while dialing a customer service service number, and the phone screen just turns off right after it connects me. It's pretty annoying i have to press the power button to turn back on the screen to get to the dialpad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by poonam316 (Post 512950)
I would like to know how to do this as well. I hate that after I have finished a phone call I have to press the power button to press the call end option. I guess they made it this way so that your cheek doesn't actually end the call!

... are you guys serious? so my question is why would you want to disable the touch screen portion when you also want to (at times) dial a number while in a call... doesnt that kind of contradict itself?? i never realised hitting the power button could cause such a hassel.. its a simple push to turn the screen on and another to turn it back off...sheesh. my guess is if you really want such an app, then you might be luckier at xda-developers.com.. they do most of the app making over there. ill check my phone to see if i can find that disable touchscreen setting, i never knew it was even available

Unknown Zone 11-11-2008 11:59 PM

HKCU\ControlPanel\Phone\Sleep switch value from 1 to 0

you could try this hack...make sure u softrest.

adihere 11-12-2008 12:05 AM

why not just goto the your power setttings advanced tab and set it accordingly...? and if your worried about it staying on too long when not in use just hit the power button to turn the display off...if your concerned about battery consumption

flyhigh 11-12-2008 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poonam316 (Post 512950)
I hate that after I have finished a phone call I have to press the power button to press the call end option.

The easiest way to end the call even with the screen off is to press the bottom right hardware button. That's the one the looks like a phone upside down. Simply press that, and the call is ended. Really, your thumb is almost there as your holding the phone anyway so it's actually easier to do this then to find the end call soft button on the screen if it were on. Plus it won't kill your battery.

havieri23 11-12-2008 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adihere (Post 513004)
why not just goto the your power setttings advanced tab and set it accordingly...? and if your worried about it staying on too long when not in use just hit the power button to turn the display off...if your concerned about battery consumption

that wasn't my question. power settings are at longest settings anyhow. i'm not worried about battery consumption. i just was getting annoyed with the screen turning off immediately right after i get connected since i need to access the dialpad right afterwards.

Unknown Zone 11-12-2008 12:37 AM

have you done the hack? on post #4

havieri23 11-12-2008 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adihere (Post 513004)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unknown Zone (Post 513103)
have you done the hack? on post #4

will do..still flashing the phone with a new rom. repped.

Boo Boo 11-12-2008 01:12 AM

sometimes hitting the hard end doesnt end the call hit it twice.

powersettings dont matter if you are on a call