PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Sprint JunkWare - How Do We Remove ? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44358)

treehuggergeorge 11-11-2008 08:32 PM

Sprint JunkWare - How Do We Remove ?

Hello TP Users!

I am a former Mogul user. I love my upgrade!

When I first got the Mogul, I did a 'hard reset' and after the reset a dialog box would appear stating "customizing". This would last for three seconds. Instead of allowing to 'customize' I would perform a 'soft reset' to prevent the Sprint Software, eg Sprint TV, from being installed. Are we able to do this on the TP? Would it be easier to create my own rom with the unneeded cabs such as navigation instead? Thanks in advance!

george

treehuggergeorge@gmail.com

HBOOT 11-11-2008 08:34 PM

Re: Sprint JunkWare - How Do We Remove ?

Whatever float your boat man. Either or will work. Thread closed:mrgreen:

treehuggergeorge 11-11-2008 08:37 PM

Thx hbenz.

When I attempted a soft reset prior to 'customizing' the TP is restarts the 'clear storage' process. The end result is the Sprint stuff is still there. Do you recommend a thread to review for building a custom rom?

HBOOT 11-11-2008 08:49 PM

Anytime man and welcome to the forum. Make your self righ at home dude and keep it green.lol

treehuggergeorge 11-11-2008 08:51 PM

lol... staying green :headbang:

NO LUCK... i have just tried a soft reset just as the pop up for customizing appears and again as it started...

Both started the 'clear storage' process over again :(

treehuggergeorge 11-11-2008 09:08 PM

woo hoo working... but looks like took too much!

here is what i did

1. cleared storage
2. soft reset after 'tap here' to continue screen appears and before 'customize' box appears.
3. another soft reset for the tp tries to run 'customize' cab again.
4. upon above reset sprint 'stuff' is gone...

over 300 megs now available... but no office.. no opera.. still finding out what else is missing...

guess trial by error! fun!

Unflushablelog 11-11-2008 09:34 PM

you should make a list of what programs don't get installed and how much memory in comparison to if you let the customize process follow through..
Are the cabs for opera and office still on the phone somewhere?

calking 11-13-2008 02:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
i found these .cab files in the picture on my windows dir. are these the files that are installed on the customization? if so, you can get them before you bypass customization and install what you need.

treehuggergeorge if you didnt get opera yet try this opera .cab, i had to change the extension to .zip to upload it. change it to .cab. i hope it works for you...im going to try to clean up my phone as well. peace