PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2008, 07:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Lee K is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to make Palm SMS today screen icon BIGGER?

Hey guys! I'm sure a bunch of you probably have this same problem, and I'm wondering if there is a solution. I'm using the dramatically better Palm Threaded SMS app for text messaging, but on my today screen the "_ new text messages section is very thin and hard to press because the SMS icon is too small (not set up for VGA). Is there any way to fix that?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I can post a screen cap if necessary, but I'm sure you guys know what I mean.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Lee K is a n00b
Re: How to make Palm SMS today screen icon BIGGER?

Wow, noone? Should I post this in the general forum or something?
Old 10-30-2008, 08:57 PM
Timeless

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

I think you may be the first person to bother to install that on these phones. I never looked back once 6.1 came out.
Old 10-31-2008, 01:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Lee K is a n00b

It's so much better it's hilarious.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:23 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee K View Post
How is it better? It has an annoying bug of vibrating when it's not supposed to and I think the WM6.1 threaded looks better in fact.... Have you actually tried the threaded messaging in WM6.1? It puts your texts into a conversation just like the palm app...
Old 10-31-2008, 06:57 AM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP

Quote:
Considering I was one of the people who helped in moving it over from the treo, I have a lot of experience with the Palm threaded SMS app. However, I don't see it as being that much better. It does have some advantages over the WM version (i.e. auto text, emoticons, better use of screen space). However, it was designed for a 240x240 screen which causes issues in landscape mode. It was also designed for a GSM phone, which is why we could never get the MMS to work on CDMA phones. Many had other issues such as double or multiple duplicate texting. The 6.1 verson is also nice because it uses the standard cemail.vol message location so SMS backup software works with it. Plus any other software that interacts with the cemail.vol will play nicely. Of course its still pretty easy to backup the Palm version.

For stability, the WM 6.1 version is better since it was designed to work with our phones. The Palm version was great for what it was. I wish MS would add some of these improvements into their version that Palm did. In the end though, I'll stick with the current MS version for its overall stability and functionionality with out non 240x240 devices.

If it suits your needs better then you should use it. Most of the early adopters that have WM 6.1 have moved on to it though, so you might have trouble finding others with the same issues. You might want to check over at XDA because I'm sure there were people using it on their VGA devices that have been out for a while. If they ran into the same issue as you, they might have found a workaround.

On a side note to anyone who is interested in this app, please don't ask for it here as its against forum rules to post this app. It's commercial software that Palm talked to the board OPs about specifically when it was posted here a while back.

EDIT: Here's some pics of the 2 side-by-side for those interested from an earlier posting of mine.

Left is WM 6.1 and right is the Palm SMS (both on 320x240 screens).

Last edited by stroths; 10-31-2008 at 07:31 AM.
Old 10-31-2008, 09:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: not
Carrier: sPriNt

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to codyppc

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroths View Post
Considering I was one of the people who helped in moving it over from the treo, I have a lot of experience with the Palm threaded SMS app.
hmmmm, i didn't know that. i thought the loneranger, from xda, pull it off first and then hannip did the rest with the last 4 betas. which is where it was left, beta 4.
PDA's I've owned/used in order... (retentions loves me)... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve)
Old 10-31-2008, 12:45 PM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
hmmmm, i didn't know that. i thought the loneranger, from xda, pull it off first and then hannip did the rest with the last 4 betas. which is where it was left, beta 4.
Loanranger pulled the files initially and hannip was there at the beginning helping to perfect it. I helped him (hannip) with the early betas in the testing. I remember ripping the 750 rom apart and pulling out all of those files and trying to find out what worked and what didn't. Figuring out what reg entries were needed and doing it all manually since we didn't have it in a nice cabbed form. It was a major pain, but fun at the same time.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Lee K is a n00b

You can see right there in those screens how big and clunky the 6.1 SMS is compared to the Palm one.

I'm so surprised no one knows how to do this.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

Mbai2 is keeping up the good workMbai2 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
You can see right there in those screens how big and clunky the 6.1 SMS is compared to the Palm one.

I'm so surprised no one knows how to do this.
You can change the font size to make it smaller. I have mine adjusted smaller and it pretty much looks exactly like the palm picture minus the misc bugs that were mentions.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro