PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2008, 06:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch PRO Dos
Carrier: Sprint

madzilla is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Gaming controller.

Anyone know if someone has made a driver for a PS3 controller or if there HID drivers for any other bluetooth controllers that will work on WinMo? i cant really seem to find any controller support and the only controller i see directly made for PPC is that crappy PPC controller that holds the phone in place and only has like 4 buttons lol. I thought it would be cool to use a controller on the PPC especially since it supports TV Out. would make emulators that much more fun
Old 11-12-2008, 10:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Bad HAL 9000 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Gaming controller.

I agree, I was hoping to see a way to use a wiimote with winmo. Mostly just the buttons/dpad.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker

PolloLoco is keeping up the good workPolloLoco is keeping up the good work

I have the bluetooth gamepad which I used for the 6700 but I cant recommend it. It does have 6 buttons plus select and start.

However, on the touch pro I've found emulators to be too slow to bother. I think TV Out would only slow things down further.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

looks like someone has a wiimote driver project going. but the developer has given up and released his source code to the public. I dont know how far he got though i guess if anyone is interested check it out.

http://www.codeplex.com/WiiMoB
Old 11-12-2008, 11:33 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint Carrier)

Gregory Lima is keeping up the good workGregory Lima is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolloLoco View Post
I have the bluetooth gamepad which I used for the 6700 but I cant recommend it. It does have 6 buttons plus select and start.

However, on the touch pro I've found emulators to be too slow to bother. I think TV Out would only slow things down further.

is this the one you have?
http://www.alpartssite.com/y00020164...-game-pad.html
Old 11-12-2008, 12:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I think it is what he has. totally not worth 60 bucks
Old 11-12-2008, 12:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker

PolloLoco is keeping up the good workPolloLoco is keeping up the good work

Yep, but I got gray and I only paid 30 bucks. I got mine on ebay. Folded up it works pretty good as a standard gamepad. I had devised a clamp that held my 6700 in landscape mode above it.

Theres some lag, but almost negligible with the latest drivers. On the 6700 youd occasionally run out of ram while gaming and the controller would crap out. I dont think that would be an issue with the touch pro however, though I've never tried it.

The biggest drawback was the build quality. Buttons popped out or jammed several times. The clamp and hold button didnt work well.

But again, try an emulator on tv out first before you waste your time and money.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

mtako is a n00b

Since everyone's on the topic of gaming. Does the touch pro allow multiple key presses on the keyboard? I'm still on the mogul and it kills me to not be able to press 2 buttons at once, not to mention not being able to go diagonally with the d-pad.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

shdwknt is becoming a great contributor

This thread has my attention.. That would be bad *** to be able to take and hook up a ps3 controller or something to this.. specially for the nes/snes emus.. Though why would you use tv out for the emus? Your friends dont have modded wiis / psp's to do this with?

Oh well.. Im already a geek.. I guess being a nerd and carring a wii mote or ps3 controller isnt going to make that big of a difference..

What about going wired controllers? They had that mod to use xbox controllers to the PC which entailed just doing a usb cable mod to the extender on the xbox controller cable.. think that would be possible with a usb mini cable mod pending drivers? I mean xbox controllers and extender cables have to be cheap as all get out now.. shouldnt be hard to port the driver for windows xp to win mo is it?

Last edited by shdwknt; 11-13-2008 at 11:00 AM.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shdwknt View Post
This thread has my attention.. That would be bad *** to be able to take and hook up a ps3 controller or something to this.. specially for the nes/snes emus.. Though why would you use tv out for the emus? Your friends dont have modded wiis / psp's to do this with?

Oh well.. Im already a geek.. I guess being a nerd and carring a wii mote or ps3 controller isnt going to make that big of a difference..

What about going wired controllers? They had that mod to use xbox controllers to the PC which entailed just doing a usb cable mod to the extender on the xbox controller cable.. think that would be possible with a usb mini cable mod pending drivers? I mean xbox controllers and extender cables have to be cheap as all get out now.. shouldnt be hard to port the driver for windows xp to win mo is it?
I was thinking more or less what if im away from home at a hotel or something. Would be cool to use the phone for everything. games, mobile computer etc.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro