PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2008, 03:29 AM
uʍop ǝpısdn ɯ,ı ʞooן
Pocket PC: 3rd GALAXY from the SUNG
Carrier: Sprint

rdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Brand new, Wont charge..

got my tp today, i put the battery in and let it drain down and now it wont charge.... it turns on still and i put pbar and quickmenu on it so i could have the top bar battery and with qick menu the percent and mem percent in the title bar... now the quick menu indicator says 100 percent and the standard battery meter says 0 percent. when i hit the quick menu percent in the title bar it pops up a dialogue box that says main 0 percent and backup 100 percent. so my question is, has anyone else had issues when they first got it and what lights up when it is charging so i know what to look for
Old 11-13-2008, 03:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: I730/Treo700wx-800/HTCTP

wrecks is becoming a great contributor
Re: Brand new, Wont charge..

your led on the round button should illuminate on and off. Treo800 had similar problems when battery is dead. Solution for that was just use the charger that came with the HTC and plug it in for 30mins. Hopefully that is the case for you.

Last edited by wrecks; 11-13-2008 at 04:01 AM.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:28 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdd0512 View Post
got my tp today, i put the battery in and let it drain down and now it wont charge.... it turns on still and i put pbar and quickmenu on it so i could have the top bar battery and with qick menu the percent and mem percent in the title bar... now the quick menu indicator says 100 percent and the standard battery meter says 0 percent. when i hit the quick menu percent in the title bar it pops up a dialogue box that says main 0 percent and backup 100 percent. so my question is, has anyone else had issues when they first got it and what lights up when it is charging so i know what to look for
while charging, the light around the dpad at the bottom illuminates in a circular motion on and off... you'd definitely recognize that it is in charge mode...
when it's fully charged, it just stays lit until you unplug it.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:51 PM
uʍop ǝpısdn ɯ,ı ʞooן
Pocket PC: 3rd GALAXY from the SUNG
Threadstarter

rdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

thanks for all the help, did a hard reset and installed things one by one, i found out what i did, i used no2chems battery drivers from the mogul.... oops well we can put that one in the doesnt work on the tough pro pile. anybody know if there is something else that lets you see your battery percent in 1% increments instead on 5% on the touch pro? please share if you do
Old 11-13-2008, 03:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Wow, I didn't realize the 1% driver would cause that.

Actually, I didn't know ANY DRIVER could affect the charging of the battery. That's kind of cool/scary. It might explain why our batteries stop charging all the time--because the phone itself is going into protect mode.

I really hope it's the phone itself, and not something built into the battery. We can change software, but not hardware.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:14 PM
VIP Member

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdd0512 View Post
thanks for all the help, did a hard reset and installed things one by one, i found out what i did, i used no2chems battery drivers from the mogul.... oops well we can put that one in the doesnt work on the tough pro pile. anybody know if there is something else that lets you see your battery percent in 1% increments instead on 5% on the touch pro? please share if you do
you were supposed to install the cdma diamond driver... look here it's below the mogul one: http://www.nuerom.com/BlogEngine/page/nuePower.aspx

Last edited by lipidfats; 11-13-2008 at 05:16 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Altair38 is a n00b

I saw your reply and decided to try the nuePower Battery display. I copied it to the storage card and installed it there. It installed fine. I turned my phone off an on, but cannot fine a program file to run and the original Power app under settings is the same. What am I missing?
Old 11-13-2008, 06:42 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair38 View Post
I saw your reply and decided to try the nuePower Battery display. I copied it to the storage card and installed it there. It installed fine. I turned my phone off an on, but cannot fine a program file to run and the original Power app under settings is the same. What am I missing?
ahh well that comment was to someone that already did the full install.. to get it working on the pro you have to go here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=424926
install the sdkcerts.cab, then FInixNOverBatteryIconsOnly.cab, and then install the nuepower driver for cdma diamond (http://www.nuerom.com/BlogEngine/page/nuePower.aspx).

that xda link tells you everything you'd want to know about customizing it, there's also a page on ppcgeeks here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41608
however, on mine, i just like the 10% increments... you don't need nuepower for that (nuepower gives 1% increments). just install the sdkcerts and fIinixoverbatteryiconsonly cabs and you'll be good to go. like i said, more at the xda/ppc battery threads.
oh, and i think you have to install it on the device, not storage. you should always install apps on the device if it is used by the system...

Last edited by lipidfats; 11-13-2008 at 06:47 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro