PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2008, 12:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Jackietreehorn is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Setting up Hotmail

So, I set up my email account (still using TF3D), and it shows up fine as an account in my mail tab. However, when I try to set up Hotmail, it then opens Opera and directs me to the live site...is there no way to have it work like gmail does, where I can access my inbox directly from the phone? I've looked around, but not found much.

If anyone has any input, it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:49 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Setting up Hotmail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackietreehorn View Post
So, I set up my email account (still using TF3D), and it shows up fine as an account in my mail tab. However, when I try to set up Hotmail, it then opens Opera and directs me to the live site...is there no way to have it work like gmail does, where I can access my inbox directly from the phone? I've looked around, but not found much.

If anyone has any input, it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
set it up again and use the manual send/recieve option. i do mine that way. get mail the same, just manually.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

Jspecrx7 is just getting started

You just hit the soft menu button then pick "Accounts", then "New Account". From there just fill in the blanks and follow the directions.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO

DOUBLEVISION is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to DOUBLEVISION Send a message via Yahoo to DOUBLEVISION

I have another problem with hotmail. I get my emails just fine which come up in my "inbox" but i have folders with saved mail and they wont sync. The folders show up but they are empty. Anyone know why?
Old 11-13-2008, 11:00 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Hit Options,manage folders,make sure the folder you need is checked. Hotmail will sync automatically if you chose "as items arrives", if I understand your prob correctly, I say do not let TP get the settings automatically,just enter like:ho.com. and enter settings manually. If you can not find the pop settings for hotmail hit me.

Last edited by HBOOT; 11-13-2008 at 11:02 AM.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:01 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo

ACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuff

Windows Live worked fine for me.

Myn's 2.2 RLS3
Netarchy-toastmod-4.21-bfs-bfq-havs-more-smartass-universal (More Aggressive Undervolting) //// Testing Ziggy471Kernel-EVO-update_signed-11052010-1609
Old 11-13-2008, 02:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

Jackietreehorn is a n00b

Maybe I didn't explain quite the way I wanted. I set up my gmail account with no problems by going to Accounts - New Account and filled in the blanks. When I go to the tab in TF3D, it gives me an envelope with my latest piece of mail, and I can click it to see that message, or the bottom left of the screen for my whole inbox. I can also see another small envelope on the right for picture mail.

What I'd like to know is if there's a way to do this with hotmail as well. I went to Accounts - New Account, put in my username and password (and had it save the password), and on the next screen, it tells me it found the settings for hotmail and to hit next. I hit next, and it opens opera. It doesn't complete and then let me see my mail without going out to the web.

The very first time I did it, it set up messenger and imported my contacts into my phone contact list (do not want), so I removed those, and told it to switch Live IDs, going back through and resetting it to not sync in that way. I don't want to use Windows Messenger (or whatever the name is) if at all possible, because I leave it logged in on my home PC...and I don't like having to go out to the web either if it can be helped.

So, maybe that is a bit more precise as to what I'm looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
set it up again and use the manual send/recieve option. i do mine that way. get mail the same, just manually.
I would, but I don't even get to the point where I get to choose any settings, it automatically finds them and that's it, no customization at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspecrx7 View Post
You just hit the soft menu button then pick "Accounts", then "New Account". From there just fill in the blanks and follow the directions.
Unfortunately, that's what I did, but it doesn't work the way I had hoped it would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACHlLLES View Post
Windows Live worked fine for me.
It worked fine in the way I described further up in this post, or do you use the messenger program/opera to access the web?
Old 11-13-2008, 03:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

nikkobenson is just getting started

Use windows live. goto start -> programs -> windows live.

Click to sign in.

enter your information.

Follow the prompts.

It will sync your contacts, emails, and calendar.

Then goto menu-> options -> sync schedule and set the sync frequency to "as items arrive" and the time to "always". This will give you push email with your live/hotmail account.
Old 11-13-2008, 03:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO

DOUBLEVISION is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to DOUBLEVISION Send a message via Yahoo to DOUBLEVISION

I get all me messages from my inbox folder but my other folders wont sync. Why is that? can someone help me out please.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

nikkobenson is just getting started

See post #5.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro