PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2008, 05:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC hero
Carrier: Sprint

jjday7 is keeping up the good workjjday7 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint sent me another phone, now what?

when sprint finds out you will be billed full retail and last I checked that's in the 700 range so I would probably do the right thing. you would be shooting yourself in the foot if they find out.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Sifter is keeping up the good workSifter is keeping up the good work
Angry Re: Sprint sent me another phone, now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akak1997 View Post
So, is it possible to sell the 2nd phone on eBay w/o Sprint knowing about it and charge me for it?
Didnt your parents teach you anything about honesty? What about Karma? From your comment, it appears you are trying to STEAL. I hate dishonest people. Do you really think just because a company accidentally sent you something extra, and since you only paid for ONE phone, that its owed you and you have the right to keep it?

DIAF

Old 11-11-2008, 06:27 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjday7 View Post
when sprint finds out you will be billed full retail and last I checked that's in the 700 range so I would probably do the right thing. you would be shooting yourself in the foot if they find out.

The retail for this phone is $579.99 from Sprint... The $700.00 you are thinking of is the retail price that Best Buy is selling it for...
Old 11-11-2008, 06:36 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Damn, people are messed up nowadays. Just the other day, I bought $6 in lottery, paid with a $10, and they gave me $6 in change back. I realized this when I walked out of the store, and I walked back in and said they gave me too much change back, and returned $2 to them.

Honesty will make you feel like a better person. Report it to Sprint, and return it rightfully back to them.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:48 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i say he sell it, and then laugh when he gets 2 sets of bills and can't cancel without an ETF and gets charged full price for the phone.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:05 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akak1997 View Post
So, I guess Sprint screwed up and sent me another HTC Touch Pro. I got the phone from Sprint's SERO on Nov 1st midnight (they updated the site just before Nov 2nd as promised). The next day I got a call from my credit card company saying there're some weird charges, and they said Sprint charged me twice BUT has reverted on of the charges. When I got my phone a few days later, I went to check on my ordering status, and it still said it's in BACKORDER. Also, when I got the 1st phone, I couldn't activate it, and there isn't a temp number on it, I's out of phone service for a few days.

So, is it possible to sell the 2nd phone on eBay w/o Sprint knowing about it and charge me for it? This is the first time I use a CDMA serivce, I know for GSM all I need is to unlock the phone and ditch the sim card. But the HTC touch Pro doesn't even come with a sim. Help please?

Thanks
you will be charged for 2 phones.sometimes sprint doubles up on orders but rest assured,they keep track of their equipment.they sent me 2 touches and i was charged for both within 3 months.plus,they have both esn numbers on file.so you can say "i only got 1",which ever phone you activate they will report the other as lost or stolen thus making it have a bad esn.

Last edited by Dr.8820; 11-11-2008 at 07:07 PM.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:25 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

i find it interesting how people have such double standards. When sprint screws up and sends two, the customer should be responsible and return it. But people think its "more ethical" to take advantage of loopholes that they pull on Sprint around here (like unjust discounts, free phones, etc).

Just because you can do it easier to a big company doesnt make it right either, so practice what you preach. I still think he should return it, but there are a LOT of hypocrites in here quick to ridicule another
Old 11-11-2008, 07:28 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo

ACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuff

Return it, or I'm pretty sure it will come back to you to haunt you.

It's not worth it IMO.

Myn's 2.2 RLS3
Netarchy-toastmod-4.21-bfs-bfq-havs-more-smartass-universal (More Aggressive Undervolting) //// Testing Ziggy471Kernel-EVO-update_signed-11052010-1609
Old 11-11-2008, 07:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero
Carrier: SPRINT & ORANGE

harlem135th is keeping up the good workharlem135th is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to harlem135th

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 View Post
The retail for this phone is $579.99 from Sprint... The $700.00 you are thinking of is the retail price that Best Buy is selling it for...
yeah you should return it as others said you dont want to find out you have extra charges for a another device on your bill later on...also the best buy price is (copy and paste) HTC Touch Pro Black
for Sprint PCS
$279.99
after instant discount with a new Sprint PCS account
Price without new account: $569.99

Last edited by harlem135th; 11-11-2008 at 07:33 PM.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:34 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo

ACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 View Post
i find it interesting how people have such double standards. When sprint screws up and sends two, the customer should be responsible and return it. But people think its "more ethical" to take advantage of loopholes that they pull on Sprint around here (like unjust discounts, free phones, etc).

Just because you can do it easier to a big company doesnt make it right either, so practice what you preach. I still think he should return it, but there are a LOT of hypocrites in here quick to ridicule another
You really should say "some people" instead. I for one, was just happy to keep SERO, and was perfectly fine w/ paying full upgrade price.

There are many people who paid full upgrade price of the phone than who got sweet deals from retentions. The one who paid the full price just don't post it as much.

Anywho, sorry for going off topic.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro