PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Three Issues I can't find anywhere. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44292)

fogmachine 11-11-2008 03:02 PM

Three Issues I can't find anywhere.

I don't mean to start a new thread if others have covered these issues already, but I don't believe they have. So here goes:

1-My phone is automatically connecting to the Internet.

I have downloaded a recommended program called Advanced Configuration which I read could fix this...I don't see how.
I also read that the cause is most likely from Pocket Express, and removing it will fix this...but I don't wanna do that.

2-Just like every other HTC I've used, if you miss a call/text with the phone in the case/pocket, it is free to call people on it's own, among other things, due to the touchscreen.

I know there wasn't much that could be done on previous versions but I believe the Touch Pro can beat it...with the built-in light sensor. There has to be a way of manipulating the sensor into not turning the screen on for any reason if its in a case. Much like the way the phone knows when you put it up to your ear.
I have no privacy issues and do not wish to 'lock' my phone.

3-While on the subject of missing calls while in the case/pocket, is there any way to increase the intensity of the vibrate? I mean safely?

I don't wanna damage my phone, but most of the time I can't tell when it goes off. And when I'm at work I cant have it ring out loud.

Thank you in advance for your responses. I think we all appreciate how quickly problems get solved on PPCGEEKS!!!

[sammich] 11-11-2008 03:05 PM

Re: Three Issues I can't find anywhere.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fogmachine (Post 511689)
I don't mean to start a new thread if others have covered these issues already, but I don't believe they have. So here goes:

I have downloaded a recommended program called Advanced Configuration which I read could fix this...I don't see how.
I also read that the cause is most likely from Pocket Express, and removing it will fix this...but I don't wanna do that.

2-Just like every other HTC I've used, if you miss a call/text with the phone in the case/pocket, it is free to call people on it's own, among other things, due to the touchscreen.

I know there wasn't much that could be done on previous versions but I believe the Touch Pro can beat it...with the built-in light sensor. There has to be a way of manipulating the sensor into not turning the screen on for any reason if its in a case. Much like the way the phone knows when you put it up to your ear.

3-While on the subject of missing calls while in the case/pocket, is there any way to increase the intensity of the vibrate? I mean safely?

I don't wanna damage my phone, but most of the time I can't tell when it goes off. And when I'm at work I cant have it ring out loud.

Thank you in advance for your responses. I think we all appreciate how quickly problems get solved on PPCGEEKS!!!

1. This is most likely due to the TF3D weather tab

2. You can use a nice program like S2U2:http://s2u2.eqvipage.dk/S2U2-download-1.33-VGA.html
This program makes you slide a bar, similar to the iPhone, every time your phone wakes up. No passwords. However, you do need to go into the settings
[Start>Programs>S2U2>Settings] and change DirectDraw to RawBuffer to make it work.

3. I don't know yet

fogmachine 11-11-2008 03:09 PM

I know I turned off the Auto Update on the Weather App. But I will try that link you provided. Thanks...that was quick.

regression 11-11-2008 05:04 PM

For #2, doesn't locking the phone (built in) prevent that from happening?

sbddude 11-11-2008 05:33 PM

For #2, try PocketShield. It uses the light sensor to keep the phone locked while it's in your pocket. It doesn't lock the buttons, only the touch screen. For that reason, I still use S2U2. Hopefully the guy who makes S2U2 will add light sensor capability.

Dr.8820 11-11-2008 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by regression (Post 512010)
For #2, doesn't locking the phone (built in) prevent that from happening?

for #2 i would recommend purchasing an oem case from the sprint store.some people think they're cheesy but i love it and the pro sits outside your pocket with no flap to press buttons when you move.just my 2 pennies.

jimd144 11-11-2008 05:43 PM

In advanced config, look at the bottom for Menu/ More Settings /Connections.

There you can have the data stop at a desired time after any data feed.

I missed that menu for the longest time.

ALso, the export xml is very cool for any later rom update.

xunknownx 11-11-2008 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fogmachine (Post 511689)

#1 can be due to pocket express. if you launched pocket express at all since you got your phone, it automatically updates every 4 or 5 hours. make sure u turn it off. i turned it off and it still updated, i had to turn it off a 2nd time for it to stop auto updating.

#2 i just use the long end key and assign it to lock my device. i also believe u can make it autolock everytime the backlight goes out.

#3 like you, i dont want to have my phone ring in the office, so i place it on vibrate and set it in front of my keyboard so ill know if i get a txt or call.

Cicatrize 11-11-2008 06:40 PM

#1 has nothing to do with the weather tab, I guarantee it. The weather doesn't automatically update unless you click on the tab, and it's been more than 2 hours since it last updated.

fogmachine 11-14-2008 12:18 AM

This is a recap of the feedback I've gotten so far. (which has been great...thanks)

First: S2U2 is great. I thought it was a little too iPhony for me with the whole 'slide to unlock' idea, but there are quite a few features and I'm really enjoying it. So thanks.
Second: I'm positive it's not the Weather Tab. But no matter what I try on Advanced Config, I can't stop it from connecting randomly (but thank you 'jimd144' for the suggestion). It must be Pocket Express (which I don't want to get rid of). But I can't stop it. The Adv Config thing will stop it if I select 'Update' on the Weather Tab and then disconnect after 10 seconds (and doesn't seem to affect my web browsing), but hasn't helped with my Pocket Express issue. Although I do have a question about the icon. As you know the data icon is two arrows moving in opposite directions above a signal meter. But I've noticed that sometimes the arrows are white, and sometimes they're gray...have I overlooked something obvious and made a fool of myself by making such a rookie mistake? I hope so. But it seems too easy.

I still have yet to try Pocket Shield but only because S2U2 really solves my problem, but I'll probably download it tonight anyway. As for an OEM case, I already have a great case. Makes the phone actually seem smaller still, but truth be told I did upgrade from a 6700.

Thanks again everyone. I am still looking for solutions for issues 1 and 3, and I hope this thread helps us all!!!