PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2008, 12:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Line/Dead Pixels In Screen

i thought there was a program that would flash different colors on your screen to possibly get rid of stuck pixels. that was back in the mogul days...that seems so long ago

found this http://udpix.free.fr/index.php?p=dl in this thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ght=dead+pixel

Last edited by jason25; 11-15-2008 at 12:39 AM.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:40 AM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

Hey, **** happens with screens. I think it is safe to assume it isn't a widespread issue, a lot of us have had our phones for 3 weeks at this point and you're the first to report this. Get the replacement (even if you have to wait a week) and be glad Sprint didn't give you any hassle is my personal take on this.

Definitely looks like some sort of hardware anomaly, and I'd be willing to bet it's not caused by AIM specifically.

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:42 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

OOh.. that looks quite painful!

You should have no trouble replacing it... so long as Sprint gets the phone back in stock!
Old 11-15-2008, 11:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC6800
Threadstarter

Furystryfe is a n00b

Yea ive come to the conclusion that line wasnt from the aim app, because there is about 20-30 lines all the way on the right side of the screen from other apps I ve run. The combination of all the lines has made it into one really BIG grey/white line going down the side of my screen now. I m guessing its from running different screens and apps in landscape mode
Old 11-17-2008, 02:30 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

gigatigga is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to gigatigga

My Diamond did this too. and Sprint replaced it no problems.

Old 11-18-2008, 06:07 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

subiegsr is a n00b

I'm also waiting on sprint to get some in stock to exchange mine. I just have one small black dead pixel in the bottom, not nearly as bad as what you have. But still annoying for a $500 phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro