PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2009, 12:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

nannay12 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to nannay12
thinking about trying to get a replacement touch pro from sprint...

im just wondering if you guys think they would give me a new one.. my phone has just got slower and slower as time goes on.. i basically cant run TF3D anymore because it is just soo slow. if i click on my contacts tab or whatever it takes more than ten minutes to load! and when i get a new message same thing. i currently have warrior's iphoneclone on here right now, and it is by far the fastest rom.. but still texting is just terrible! text lags, and takes forever just to view the message.. basically pointless.
*EDIT* also activedsync rarely loads, and is SUCH a pain to try and flash new roms. usually if i leave my phone plugged in for about 6 hours it will all the sudden realize that its connected.. i have the original box, and everything that came with it.

Only thing IS... i bought this phone from a guy who originally bought it from sprint. i know he didn't do anything to it. i know the guy personally. i upgraded from the diamond to it also. do you think that sprint would know.. if i walk into their store, and tell them the problems i am having with the phone, and if i could get a replacement.

how would you guys go about this??

Thanks

Last edited by nannay12; 07-25-2009 at 12:51 AM.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:07 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo

BigC is just getting started
Re: thinking about trying to get a replacement touch pro from sprint...

Why not try a hard reset first ?
Old 07-25-2009, 01:09 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigC View Post
that's exactly what sprint will do first nannay, so you may as well do it and see if that helps, it probably will, if its still acting up you can take it in, worst case they won't replace but you can always try
Old 07-25-2009, 01:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigC View Post
i have/had to probably 10 times this week because my phone was laggin so much and freezing
Old 07-25-2009, 01:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Giovanny is keeping up the good workGiovanny is keeping up the good workGiovanny is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to Giovanny

Just make sure you back up everything before you do a hard reset. This usually helps out a lot. Also it depends if you have installed a lot of programs or games that will eat up your memory and which it will cause to perform slow.

Giovanny
Old 07-25-2009, 01:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

i have basically the bare minimum on my phone.. i mean it works and all like this.. its just a pain. and i have been wondering about this for a couple weeks now, because my phone used to be great! and i know that windows mobile will lag, its part of having such a hackable phone lol ill try and wait it out although for now.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:26 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannay12 View Post
i have basically the bare minimum on my phone.. i mean it works and all like this.. its just a pain. and i have been wondering about this for a couple weeks now, because my phone used to be great! and i know that windows mobile will lag, its part of having such a hackable phone lol ill try and wait it out although for now.
thats what i'm doing, wait it out but i'm riding a ship thats sinking fast. like i said earlier, you may as well take it in and ask, worst case they say no
Old 07-25-2009, 01:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

haha good call... im thinkin maybe if i take out my memory card then it will run more smoothly too. lol right now theres no point i music etc anyways... if i take it in ill let you know what they tell me.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:37 AM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

Have you tried flashing a custom ROM? Or are you still on the stock ROM?

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 07-25-2009, 01:38 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannay12 View Post
haha good call... im thinkin maybe if i take out my memory card then it will run more smoothly too. lol right now theres no point i music etc anyways... if i take it in ill let you know what they tell me.
that'd be appreciated just to see what they say but i'm in a little bit different situation, i tried to get them to replace it but they won't touch it ("i jammed something in the usb port" but the only thing thats been in there is HTC usb cables and i didn't pull the cables at an angle but they still say physical damage) they said insurance, that's why i'm riding it out since i have to gather up the $100 deductible

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro