PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Clock help! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44140)

abs1978 11-10-2008 06:18 PM

Clock help!

I have attempted to install a different clock (e.g. the clear flip clock) multiple times with no luck. Of course, I disable TF3D before doing so, and then re-enable afterwards. Either I still have the stock clock, or something of a mix of it and the new one. Nothing seems to work right! I'd like the clear flip-clock, and have downloaded a couple versions of it from both this forum and XDA. However, installing new menu icons works effortlessly. This is frustrating... please help! :)

Thanks in advance...

Amy

Twinsen 11-10-2008 06:21 PM

Re: Clock help!

Quote:

Originally Posted by From This Thread...

Be sure to back up your phone before making any changes edits to your phone!

Ok here is how to get wallpaper on every tab:

“Every time you load a file make sure your TouchFLO 3D is NOT active on your today screen. Once the file has loaded soft reset your phone and restart TouchFLO 3D."

To remove your top and bottom curtains: run the “NoCurtains[1].cab”

To have your wall paper on every tab: run the file called “mUn Background” – this should put your back ground on all tabs but it will make your slider become of centered. (Don’t worry we will fix that in a bit.)

If you want to change your clock to the “clear” flip clock you will need to do in this order: 1 replace the standard sprint barrel clock with the “Sprint2FlipClock.cab”. 2. Restart phone disable TouchFLO 3D and load the file “GlassClock.cab” and restart phone

Once you have completed all editing to your TouchFLO 3D overwrite the following file in your windows folder “1e29e8e7_manila” this should fix your slider being off centered. You will need a program like total commander to complete this. Make sure to reboot your phone for changes to take effect.

All files can be found in the attached .ZIP file

Twinsen 11-10-2008 06:23 PM

The first time I tried this, I didn't start TouchFlo3D at one part of this, and I ended up with a large white box in the upper left of every tab except the Home tab. But you may not have to worry about this if you're just going to do the clear clock and you don't want to remove the "curtains" and have a background on each tab.

abs1978 11-10-2008 06:28 PM

I don't necessarily care if I have a different background on each tab. I tried that and also got the white box.

I'm not sure what "curtains" are just yet (I've only had this phone for a few days), but I did install the no-curtains cab. What exactly does it do?

All I really want at this point is a clear freakin-flip clock! :)

abs1978 11-10-2008 06:54 PM

Never mind... I got it! I just went ahead and uninstalled/reinstalled everything (following the instructions exactly, of course). I also got the background thing to work, too! Thanks anyway :)

mrfett79 11-10-2008 06:56 PM

I had this problem with the clocks as well. Finally someone posted in the XDA thread that you need to install the sprint flip clock cab (it is easy to find by searching) and then install the new flip clock over it without uninstalling. Just remember to turn off the touchflo 3d before installing.

abs1978 11-10-2008 07:08 PM

I did exactly that the first time, but it didn't work. I guess 2nd time was a charm!

brooklynsugabun 11-15-2008 05:29 AM

where r you getting the clear flip clock from

rdd0512 11-15-2008 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twinsen (Post 509858)
The first time I tried this, I didn't start TouchFlo3D at one part of this, and I ended up with a large white box in the upper left of every tab except the Home tab. But you may not have to worry about this if you're just going to do the clear clock and you don't want to remove the "curtains" and have a background on each tab.

how do you get rid of the box? i read 50 pages in the other thread and no one mentioned a fix.... i screwed up and didnt save the other file after i copied over it... oops. any way besides hard reset to go back to stock? or can you pist a copy of all the manilla files in one .zip so i can just copy over all mine and go back?

*************nevermind i did it, but not the way everyone posted, i did all the clock and tab mods and when i install the background4all cab last it fixes the white sqare issue ;)

darren.wlsn1 11-15-2008 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brooklynsugabun (Post 520836)
where r you getting the clear flip clock from

link with pics. and the cab for ya. i also use this.http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...74&postcount=8