PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2008, 05:42 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unlocked CDMA Sprint on U.S. Cellular network

I have been doing a bit of research on upgrading my current Windows Mobile device. I am currently in a 3-line family plan with U.S. Cellular and would love to get a Touch Pro. I'll cut to the question.

If I bought say , an unlocked Sprint HTC Touch Pro, what is needed to flash it to prepare it for U.S. Cellular's network. They are both CDMA carriers. I was told by U.S. Cellular that, if it were unlocked and flashed for their network they could enter it into their system. Of course, not guaranteeing it will function properly(the usual blah blah). Is all that is needed a carrier .cab file for U.S. Cellular? If so, would it be the same as say, the USCC carrier .cab for the PPC6800(Mogul/Titan)? Or are the carrier cab files device specific? If they are indeed device specific, then this is all impossible to do, right? Also, would it be possible even without flashing a carrier cab and just manually entering in the appropriate settings ESN,PRL,etc., after it's been unlocked?

Sorry that was so long, any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Sayajin is keeping up the good workSayajin is keeping up the good workSayajin is keeping up the good work
Re: Unlocked CDMA Sprint on U.S. Cellular network

You may want to look at this thread...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43398

its not for US Cellular, but its the same basic principle, and the only COMPLETE thread about putting a Touch Pro on another network.

At the very least it should give you some ideas.

-Sayajin
Old 11-10-2008, 06:48 PM
"MODS"
Threadstarter

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Thanks, yeah I just actually finished reading that whole thread just before seeing this post. Looks like there's hope, although more complex then I was thinking. I knew there would be a bit of work involved, just wasn't aware how much and how little it's actually been accomplished. And it would be different for USCC and not experimented with as of yet by anyone I can find, Thanks for the link though.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Sayajin is keeping up the good workSayajin is keeping up the good workSayajin is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post
Thanks, yeah I just actually finished reading that whole thread just before seeing this post. Looks like there's hope, although more complex then I was thinking. I knew there would be a bit of work involved, just wasn't aware how much and how little it's actually been accomplished. And it would be different for USCC and not experimented with as of yet by anyone I can find, Thanks for the link though.

I am sure that someone will post a consolidated How To on this in the next few days.

Everyone is still working out all of the kinks in the process.

-Sayajin
Old 11-12-2008, 03:14 PM
"MODS"
Threadstarter

That would be awesome if I could get one running on USCC network. I have my doubts though, as no one will probably try on that carriers network. I certainly can't afford to be the guinea pig on it either. If someone could pave the way or even lead the way, I would want to try. I am ready to upgrade my phone and my only decent choices are the PPC6800(mogul) or the Touch(6900) from USCC. Anyone hear if they will be getting anything better anytime soon? Yeah, I didn't think so. We might see a Touch-Pro from them in 12-18 months, if ever!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro