PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2008, 05:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch
Carrier: Sprint

gabe501 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WM security programs?

Hi, I searched for this topic but only found an app that connects the dots or something for password.

A lil history:
Well my Touch was recenly stolen from my work, this is not the first time but usually I never hear from the people who stole it. I have PERSONAL information on the phone. The jack *** started harassing people (mostly girls) in my contacts list. Hoping to get money and meet up for "returning" phone and hook up with them. I already sent out mass text to everyone telling them to ignore if they get a call and a message from a "private" number because I fear for their safety. He did call me at some point and I offered him $100 cash no questions asked he seemed really interested but he never showed. If he continues I might have to get the authorities involved.

Well I have a Touch Pro now. My question is how secure is the locking feature on the windows mobile? Also is there a locking or encryption program that can be used on the micro SD card? Like if you were to take the card out physically and tried to read it in a card reader or something that would deny access. Just in case it gets stolen again I don't want to go through this. I don't care if they flash the phone, format my card just don't want my information in the wrong hands.

Thanks in advanced
Old 11-10-2008, 05:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

rashire is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to rashire
Re: WM security programs?

Well I'm not 100% on this, but i believe you can use TrueCyrpt on any OS, basically you can make a encrypted partition on your SD card that is impossible for someone to even know the space exists much less contains data. Then just store anything private in there.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: The 3VO
Carrier: Sprint for service PPC geeks for eerythang else :)

toinejuan is keeping up the good worktoinejuan is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to toinejuan Send a message via Yahoo to toinejuan
Re: WM security programs?

In the settings tab there is an encryption button, you can use this to make your SD unreadable by anything other than your device. I am sure it's a double edged sword because if you happen to lose you TP you may have some trouble retrieving the data you want back.
I personally, don't use it but, there's probably a way to unlock the encryption since it's inside your TP. Also since you can plug it in and use it as a flash drive your in luck. You should probably give that a go.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro