PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2008, 01:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

himan is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Where would I check for Offical upgrades?

Hey guys,

Can someone please link me to official updates by sprint for the HTC Pro? both software updates for me and network updates by sprint.

Thanks.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Where would I check for Offical upgrades?

Quote:
Originally Posted by himan View Post
Hey guys,

Can someone please link me to official updates by sprint for the HTC Pro? both software updates for me and network updates by sprint.

Thanks.

Can't since there has not been any official updates. Except picture mail. You can get that just by opening Explorer on your phone and clicking the "check for updates" link. Thats it though.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6700, Treo 700wx, Touch Pro

CountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good work

Currently there are none given how new this phone is.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

himan is just getting started

Yeah, but how would I know when they comeo out?
Old 11-10-2008, 02:50 PM
VIP Member

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
For the HTC Touch, they sent a message to my phone. Other than that, keep your eyes on this site because any official releases that does come out will probably get posted here soon after or even possibly before.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:50 PM
Lurker

KyleAsher is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to KyleAsher Send a message via Yahoo to KyleAsher

Quote:
If you have Sprint they text you saying an update is available if its major. They did this on the Touch so I know they do it.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:56 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G-EVO 3D-Acer Iconia A500

gmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleAsher View Post
If you have Sprint they text you saying an update is available if its major. They did this on the Touch so I know they do it.
haha yea they send the text 3 months after the update comes (like they did for the 6.1 upgrade for the mogul)
Old 11-10-2008, 03:11 PM
Timeless

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Your best bet it to float around here and wait for a day where you see 18 new threads discussing the new ROM. That'll be your hint.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:15 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmfeny View Post
haha yea they send the text 3 months after the update comes (like they did for the 6.1 upgrade for the mogul)
If you think about it, that may have been intentional. Remember, the new roms had only been tested in house. When the rom was officially released, they probably kept it on the down low in case new problems crept up. Early adopters were the test subject. If QA watched closley for the next few months and saw nothing major with the rom release, they made all Touch users aware of the update.

Why release an untested major update like a rom change to the entire public? What if there were major issues with that rom? It has been mentioned in the past that Sprint does follow these threads form major sites. The update was leaked and so the ones installing the leaked updates were the official testers...unoffically
Old 11-10-2008, 04:00 PM
Lurker

KyleAsher is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to KyleAsher Send a message via Yahoo to KyleAsher

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceracer24 View Post
If you think about it, that may have been intentional. Remember, the new roms had only been tested in house. When the rom was officially released, they probably kept it on the down low in case new problems crept up. Early adopters were the test subject. If QA watched closley for the next few months and saw nothing major with the rom release, they made all Touch users aware of the update.

Why release an untested major update like a rom change to the entire public? What if there were major issues with that rom? It has been mentioned in the past that Sprint does follow these threads form major sites. The update was leaked and so the ones installing the leaked updates were the official testers...unoffically
Totally.
450 Non-Mobile Minutes, Unlimited Texts, Unlimited Data
Phones Used: HTC Touch, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro
Phone currently using: HTC Touch Pro2
San Antonio, Texas

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro