PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2008, 04:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

MHEMD is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mail Settings

First post...

Is there a tweak/hack/software that gives additional mail settings than are available on the native Touch Pro mail. Just moved from the Palm 700p were I was able to have mail only download during the day for instince and less frequently on weekends.

I also am looking for a setting that works with IMAP and Activesync so that when you delete an email on the phone it doesn't change the mail on the server. Currently only "delete from server" and move to server trash are available. I want the DO NOTHING option.

Any suggestions? Thanks
Old 11-10-2008, 04:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: ICE

pezx44 is just getting started
Re: Mail Settings

If you want to do nothing, have you thought of using pop?
Old 11-10-2008, 05:03 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

MHEMD is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by pezx44 View Post
If you want to do nothing, have you thought of using pop?
I have always used pop in the past but the email setup on the TP defaults to a IMAP server address for my email. I have tried to look for a way to change the server settings, ports, etc but I cannot find this on the TP
Old 11-10-2008, 06:51 PM
BumSF

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

The reason you are getting the IMAP default is when you put in your correct email address. The TP goes out and reads the email and determines that it is an IMAP account and codes it in without asking you what type of email it really is. I had to put in a dummy email address, like putting .net instead of .com, and then the next screen asked me what type of email account I was trying to setup. I set it up and them later edited the email address to the correct. That was the only way I could figure out how to make the choice myself versus the auto-sensing behaviour the TP seems to take.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHEMD View Post
I have always used pop in the past but the email setup on the TP defaults to a IMAP server address for my email. I have tried to look for a way to change the server settings, ports, etc but I cannot find this on the TP
Don't do autosetup. Uncheck the option to automatically find the settings online, then you can program it for Pop3.
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
Old 11-11-2008, 12:50 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

MHEMD is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post
Don't do autosetup. Uncheck the option to automatically find the settings online, then you can program it for Pop3.
Sporklover - The option to automatically find settings is only when you are setting up a Exchange account. All others it doesn't give you this option.

BumSF - I am going to try your technique. I don't understand why there isn't a way to input all the settings oneself - i.e incoming and outgoing server, ports, SSL, etc. Makes no sense not to have this available.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:52 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHEMD View Post
Sporklover - The option to automatically find settings is only when you are setting up a Exchange account. All others it doesn't give you this option.

BumSF - I am going to try your technique. I don't understand why there isn't a way to input all the settings oneself - i.e incoming and outgoing server, ports, SSL, etc. Makes no sense not to have this available.
BumSF is correct...thats the only way to do it. Its a bug in WinMo 6.1. Its even listed as an offical workaround on Gmails support site. (To use Imap). It defaults to Pop3 unless you spell wrong, setup manually, and go back and edit your address. So it DOES allow you to type in the servers and crap manually (if : A- It doesnt find an auto setup option for your provider, or: B - You spell it wrong so it WONT find the autosetup)

If I or someone else helps you out, don't just say thanks, click!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:03 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

MHEMD is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPeeps View Post
BumSF is correct...thats the only way to do it. Its a bug in WinMo 6.1. Its even listed as an offical workaround on Gmails support site. (To use Imap). It defaults to Pop3 unless you spell wrong, setup manually, and go back and edit your address. So it DOES allow you to type in the servers and crap manually (if : A- It doesnt find an auto setup option for your provider, or: B - You spell it wrong so it WONT find the autosetup)
Classic Microsoft!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro