PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2008, 08:46 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro with custom ROMs'
Carrier: Sprint for the service & PPCGeeks for the device

meanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Backup Installed?

I was in the Sprint store looking at the TP and the sales rep was telling me that the TP came installed with a BU program he claimed it was Sprite but that its not on the display because their tech removed it when I asked after not finding it on the phone for confirmation.

Is there any truth to this? if not what BU program works the best with the TP? I do A LOT of customizations (ROMs, registry, etc...) so I would like one that reinstalls everything. Also since I do quite a bit of ROM cooking has anyone had any issues with a creating a BU file on one base and then installing that BU file on another base? example on the 6800 creating a BU file for base 20755 and then installing that file onto base 20924

Reason I ask is b/c I am fixing to upgrade from my 6800 (which currently has PIM, but I'm not liking PIM anymore since it has been acting up on base 20755 & 20924, PIM won't reinstall of my text messages, and when it does it is only my sent text and not what I receive) anyway back to TP. I am skeptical of the sales rep and wanted to find out from someone who already has the phone.

Thanks

Last edited by meanfishy; 11-12-2008 at 08:49 PM.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:44 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT
Re: Backup Installed?

No BU included my man. Spb works really well(my last back up 156 mb was done under 6 min), Sprite isn't bad either.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:18 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro with custom ROMs'
Carrier: Sprint for the service & PPCGeeks for the device
Threadstarter

meanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuff

now that I confirmed the sales rep is lying, I need to find out which BU is preferred.

I did a search looking for a comparison of the different BU programs, but didn't find one. any suggestions?
Old 11-12-2008, 10:53 PM
DaFlowMaster

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I used both Sprite and Spb back ups extensively and everyone around here will assure you that Spb is the way to go. They both have trials so go ahead and test them out. Both will allow you to extract files from the backups,chose what to back up and where,schedule automatic BU....Good luck
As to the rep,he/she most likely didn't have a clue what BU was, it is understandable. Next time teach him/her a bit in a friendly way. It is all good.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Raphael (Touch Pro)
Carrier: Sprint

Cumulus is a n00b

I can't restore from Sprite Backup... it says spritestart.exe won't run because it's unsigned... i tried the older unsigned registry hack (See http://robertpeloschek.blogspot.com/...r-windows.html) ... and it fails... I know that this exact hack worked on WinMo 6.0 with the Titan. What's going on? I had to run the main Sprite Backup program to "clean up" the restore operation (put the OS back into its original startup condition.)

(I've only had Raphael for about 2 days now)

Thanks
Phil

Sprint:
HTC Apache -> Palm Treo 700wx -> Samsung IP-830w (named it "Sammy") -> HTC Titan -> HTC Raphael.

Old 11-12-2008, 10:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

regression is keeping up the good workregression is keeping up the good work

Maybe the rep was thinking about the Treo 800wx. Didn't that come with Sprite already installed?

I am using Sprite, mainly because I bought it a couple years ago when I had a Moto Q, so don't want to buy another backup. But, from what I have been reading the short time I have been on this board, Spb is pretty popular, and looks like lots of people have used it to restore successfully.....
Old 11-12-2008, 11:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

+1 SPB. It's a great "set it and forget it" app. I have mine set up to b/u every Mon @7AM. I've restored from it many times without any problems. It isn't free, but worth every penny. Ck www.spbsoftwarehouse.com

Old 11-12-2008, 11:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Raphael (Touch Pro)

Cumulus is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekcop View Post
+1 SPB. It's a great "set it and forget it" app. I have mine set up to b/u every Mon @7AM. I've restored from it many times without any problems. It isn't free, but worth every penny. Ck www.spbsoftwarehouse.com
Thanks for the info, but I already bought Sprite Backup for the Titan, and don't have money yet for SPB for the Raphael (ok the Herman but dammit I hate that name.)

So...... Is there any way to get Sprite's backup files to restore?
Old 11-12-2008, 11:39 PM
DaFlowMaster

Cumulus:
Can you clarify what steps you took? did your system get jammed and you tried a restore? what back up did you try to run? what are you trying to restore my man?
Old 11-12-2008, 11:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tardis + Sonic Screwdriver
Carrier: Torchwood

The Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumulus View Post
Thanks for the info, but I already bought Sprite Backup for the Titan, and don't have money yet for SPB for the Raphael (ok the Herman but dammit I hate that name.)

So...... Is there any way to get Sprite's backup files to restore?
I find it "strange" that anyone is having trouble with Sprite. I have the latest version installed and create "self-restoring back-ups" that run with no problem at all.
Maybe you did not create a self-restoring version?
I don't know, weird...
I suggest you reinstall Sprite and try to restore again.
P.S.
Get the latest version too.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro