PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2008, 03:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G (still have touch pro)
Carrier: sprint

saecrow is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
text address entry (multiple choices)

hope you guys can help me, i've done a bunch of searches and have come up empty but know i saw a post from another member that was frustrated with this issue. . . . on my 6700 when i would compose a new text message and start typing the contact's name, all of the available choices would appear in a drop down box at the top of the message and i could select which choice for that user (text to different email choices, text to mobile number) if i remember correctly, that was an add in that enabled me to text to email (i could be wrong). the touch pro only gives me one option to text to with no drop down list, and it's at the bottom of the screen. it would be nice to have the different options to text to. is there a way around this limitaion? thanks!
Old 11-04-2008, 03:49 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive
Re: text address entry (multiple choices)

Start typing the name, click Menu then Check Names. You'll then be able to choose E-Mail.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadlyAlive View Post
Start typing the name, click Menu then Check Names. You'll then be able to choose E-Mail.
cool, thanks! wish it didn't require the additional steps, the other way was so easy, but at least it gets it done!
Old 11-04-2008, 04:11 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

Quote:
Originally Posted by saecrow View Post
cool, thanks! wish it didn't require the additional steps, the other way was so easy, but at least it gets it done!
Yeah...I thought the arrows at the bottom did the trick, but it just scrolls through the contacts that match what you typed in.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ok, this is part 2 since it's basically the same thing. . . . on the 6700 when i would compose a new text and start typing the first letter in for the contact, all available choices that began with that letter would appear in the drop down box and would narrow down as more letters were entered for the contact name. obviously not the case with the TP (as you've got to arrow / cycle through the single line choice at the bottom). is there anyway to regain that functionality or do i need to just "suck it up" and let go of those fond messaging memories from the 6700? i just can't understand why that feature which made texting so quick and easy wouldn't carry over. thanks!
Old 11-09-2008, 11:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jbonilla is becoming a great contributor

It works the same way on the Touch Pro, but you have to enable the auto-complete that was used with the older keyboards. The only problem is that it will break the Compact Qwerty keyboard (you only get numbers). However, it works fine with older keyboards, the Full Qwerty keyboard and the hardware keyboard. This thread has more details:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...083#post494083
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbonilla View Post
It works the same way on the Touch Pro, but you have to enable the auto-complete that was used with the older keyboards. The only problem is that it will break the Compact Qwerty keyboard (you only get numbers). However, it works fine with older keyboards, the Full Qwerty keyboard and the hardware keyboard. This thread has more details:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...083#post494083
officially thanked for pointing me to the right location in order to bring back texting goodness to the TP!
AWESOME!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro