PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Where would I check for Offical upgrades? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44094)

himan 11-10-2008 01:29 PM

Where would I check for Offical upgrades?

Hey guys,

Can someone please link me to official updates by sprint for the HTC Pro? both software updates for me and network updates by sprint.

Thanks.

aceracer24 11-10-2008 01:30 PM

Re: Where would I check for Offical upgrades?

Quote:

Originally Posted by himan (Post 509202)
Hey guys,

Can someone please link me to official updates by sprint for the HTC Pro? both software updates for me and network updates by sprint.

Thanks.

Can't since there has not been any official updates. Except picture mail. You can get that just by opening Explorer on your phone and clicking the "check for updates" link. Thats it though.

CountryDevil 11-10-2008 01:30 PM

Currently there are none given how new this phone is.

himan 11-10-2008 02:43 PM

Yeah, but how would I know when they comeo out?

aceracer24 11-10-2008 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by himan (Post 509339)

For the HTC Touch, they sent a message to my phone. Other than that, keep your eyes on this site because any official releases that does come out will probably get posted here soon after or even possibly before.

KyleAsher 11-10-2008 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by himan (Post 509339)

If you have Sprint they text you saying an update is available if its major. They did this on the Touch so I know they do it.

gmfeny 11-10-2008 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyleAsher (Post 509363)
If you have Sprint they text you saying an update is available if its major. They did this on the Touch so I know they do it.

haha yea they send the text 3 months after the update comes (like they did for the 6.1 upgrade for the mogul)

TurboFool 11-10-2008 03:11 PM

Your best bet it to float around here and wait for a day where you see 18 new threads discussing the new ROM. That'll be your hint.

aceracer24 11-10-2008 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmfeny (Post 509378)
haha yea they send the text 3 months after the update comes (like they did for the 6.1 upgrade for the mogul)

If you think about it, that may have been intentional. Remember, the new roms had only been tested in house. When the rom was officially released, they probably kept it on the down low in case new problems crept up. Early adopters were the test subject. If QA watched closley for the next few months and saw nothing major with the rom release, they made all Touch users aware of the update.

Why release an untested major update like a rom change to the entire public? What if there were major issues with that rom? It has been mentioned in the past that Sprint does follow these threads form major sites. The update was leaked and so the ones installing the leaked updates were the official testers...unoffically :)

KyleAsher 11-10-2008 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aceracer24 (Post 509417)
If you think about it, that may have been intentional. Remember, the new roms had only been tested in house. When the rom was officially released, they probably kept it on the down low in case new problems crept up. Early adopters were the test subject. If QA watched closley for the next few months and saw nothing major with the rom release, they made all Touch users aware of the update.

Why release an untested major update like a rom change to the entire public? What if there were major issues with that rom? It has been mentioned in the past that Sprint does follow these threads form major sites. The update was leaked and so the ones installing the leaked updates were the official testers...unoffically :)

Totally.