PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2008, 10:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

937dytboi is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
MY TP issues

Ok i have a few issues with the TP so far and it tends to bother me, i think one of them have been stated a lot just need some help with other.

First is the heating issue, the TP tends to heat up pretty well when the screen is on quite a bit, i know this issue has been risen a bit.

My second issue is last week i was working and my TP wouldnt wake up, it had power but i tried hitting the power button but it just wouldnt wake up i later took the battery out and put it back in and that fixed my problem.

this morning i get up and try to wake the phone again to check and see if i had any messages and it still didnt wake, i had the phone charging overnight.

Not sure what the issues is or if there are any fixes for this but if it isnt i will be visiting Sprint today for a replacement
Old 11-10-2008, 11:02 AM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Re: MY TP issues

What software have you installed, and what registry tweaks have you done?
Old 11-10-2008, 11:16 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

dkincaid is keeping up the good workdkincaid is keeping up the good workdkincaid is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by 937dytboi View Post
Ok i have a few issues with the TP so far and it tends to bother me, i think one of them have been stated a lot just need some help with other.

First is the heating issue, the TP tends to heat up pretty well when the screen is on quite a bit, i know this issue has been risen a bit.

My second issue is last week i was working and my TP wouldnt wake up, it had power but i tried hitting the power button but it just wouldnt wake up i later took the battery out and put it back in and that fixed my problem.

this morning i get up and try to wake the phone again to check and see if i had any messages and it still didnt wake, i had the phone charging overnight.

Not sure what the issues is or if there are any fixes for this but if it isnt i will be visiting Sprint today for a replacement
And how hot are we talking....the Diamond is burn your face, make you sweat hot....I haven't found the TP to heat up any more than other WM devices.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, 6800
Carrier: Sprint

Talyn is keeping up the good workTalyn is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to Talyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkincaid View Post
And how hot are we talking....the Diamond is burn your face, make you sweat hot....I haven't found the TP to heat up any more than other WM devices.
Yea, I don't think my TP gets much hotter then my mogul did.
I think the Diamond is a bit thinner, So less room to disperse heat.

The mogul had a heat sync of a back cover, but it was an Epic Fail in design.
The TP's cover is a bit better.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

coolguy949 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
I started a thread about this last week. I haven't had it freeze up since I did a hard reset. I've even tried leaving activesync running and opera running over night and it still wakes up just fine now. I also disabled the today screen time out (in Settings -> Today).

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43032

Hopefully posting this reply didn't curse me and now I'll be freezing up every night! Knocks on wood...
Old 11-10-2008, 02:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

937dytboi is a n00b

Ok just got back from Sprint and they replaced my battery, they say the battery might not be putting the right voltage out for the phone to operate correctly this will make the phone heat up and not want to wake up. so we will see what happens on this new battery.

I also had a problem when looking through my pictures with the touchflo action screen it would would crash and start touchflo 3d over, Sprint told me that my memory card was corrupted
Old 11-10-2008, 02:13 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Lol, they lied to you on both accounts.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

937dytboi is a n00b

o really what could be the problem, this is the only time i had a severe problem with any of my ppc's
Old 11-10-2008, 03:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
o really what could be the problem, this is the only time i had a severe problem with any of my ppc's
Number of people have reported the phone not waking up when charging over night. I have never had this issue yet....but I don't leave my phone on a charger over night either. I don't believe there has been an official fix for this but my unoffical fix is to not charge the phone over night and/or try hard reseting a couple times.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

KyleAsher is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to KyleAsher Send a message via Yahoo to KyleAsher
Exclamation Re: MY TP issues

I have used the Touch, Diamond and now the Touch Pro. The Diamond was the coolest touch (way to play with words, haha) when the screen was on for a long period of time. Next would be the Touch and last would be the Touch Pro as the hottest. I used all three up to my face for hours talking with the screen on and locked and as I remember the others, the new Pro has been the hottest for me.

I always have this problem where I am on the phone, so I turn the screen off. Then, in the middle of the call like 15 minutes later I notice the screen is on again and my face had opened all kinds of things while I talked. Has anybody else had this issue where it does this? I have had this issue for every HTC phone I have owned! Thanks for the help.
450 Non-Mobile Minutes, Unlimited Texts, Unlimited Data
Phones Used: HTC Touch, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro
Phone currently using: HTC Touch Pro2
San Antonio, Texas

Last edited by KyleAsher; 11-10-2008 at 03:35 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro