PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Sero help - From Mogul to TP (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44071)

u8myfoood 11-10-2008 10:42 AM

Sero help - From Mogul to TP

What I was wondering was if I were to buy a TP off craigslist, and try to activated it on my 500 minute SERO account, (assuming clean ESN) would there be a problem?

Say, would they tell me that even though the ESN of the device is clear, they are not allowed to add it onto my account without upgrading it to one of those unlimited everything plans?

Did anyone go through this experience? If you did please tell me what happened, it would help a lot THANKS!

thesfactor 11-10-2008 10:46 AM

Re: Sero help - From Mogul to TP

I have a SERO and a TP, got it done through telesales. I've heard of lots of people getting the SERO + TP combo. There's no stipulation that says you need the everything plan to get the TP on your account, so I don't see why anyone would tell you otherwise. If they do, then hang up and call back and pray for a knowledgeable rep. With sprint customer service everything is a coin toss.

u8myfoood 11-10-2008 10:53 AM

Well the thing is my contract isn't up yet, and it seems to be cheaper straight off Craigslist, so I was wondering would they allow to swap phones online in that way?

ksemt7781 11-10-2008 10:54 AM

There would be no problem activating your touch pro on your current sero plan, contract or not.

Baffles 11-10-2008 11:03 AM

Contract only affects upgrade discount, not the ability to change ESNs to different phones.

nauticus25 11-10-2008 11:21 AM

I signed up for Sero500 when I got my Mogul in July of 07. After running into problems trying to buy a TP locally (Best Buy was out of stock, Sprint corporate store wouldn't sell to me because I had Sero), I bought a TP off of eBay last week. The phone got here Saturday, and I just went to sprint.com/activate to switch phones on my account. Very very easy, and no questions or problems because of my Sero account. I even got a chance to add TEP to my account, which hadn't been available to me before. Confirmed this morning that my Sero plan is still intact with the added TEP. Good luck!

ACHlLLES 11-10-2008 11:22 AM

I would wait and upgrade through sprint so you can keep the insurance. It's well worth it IMO.

I still pay about 43 bucks after taxes on Sero - 30+7 insurance + taxes.

Baffles 11-10-2008 11:25 AM

You can keep insurance no matter where the phone comes from....

ppcninjaz 11-10-2008 11:37 AM

i got my phone from best buy on sero no prob, but i did several ESN swaps between 2 sero lines / treo 800w, mogul, and TP with no problems. you should be fine as long as the ESN is clean

ACHlLLES 11-10-2008 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baffles (Post 508974)
You can keep insurance no matter where the phone comes from....

I was told if you buy it off Ebay/craigslist , you can't. Atleast that's what the rep told me when I asked.