PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   ActiveSync : Two phones/Same CPUs (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44055)

chedda_chez 11-10-2008 02:07 AM

ActiveSync : Two phones/Same CPUs

will that work? havent tried it cause im scared one will lost whats saved already.

anybody have two phones using activesync on the same cpu?

if so, HOW?

-CHEZ

lmv7777 11-10-2008 02:12 AM

Re: ActiveSync : Two phones/Same CPUs

you can setup profiles in activesync for more than one phone. but only 2 or 3 at a time i think. i would backup with PIMbackup just in case.

WarChild 12-03-2008 03:14 PM

When I try to put both my Pros on my laptop it wont recognize anything until i take 1 off it it

mdodge 12-03-2008 03:32 PM

You can sync almost as many phones as you want, you just have to make sure the sync names are unique for each phone. And you technically can have them connected at the same time, but they have to be using difference connection methods. For example, I have my touch pro to sync usb, and my mogul to sync with bluetooth.

This can be difficult to get working sometimes. I often tell people the easiest way to do it is just create a second logon profile on your pc for each phone. So if you need to sync phone 1, login with profile 1, phone 2, login in with profile 2...etc.

gearjunkeez 12-03-2008 04:43 PM

I have 4 phones all set up to activesync on my Vista desktop and my XP Laptop. Just make sure each device has a different name. The only downside to doing it this way is, you have the exact same contacts and appointments on all phones. You can't say - sync your phone with only your contacts and your wife's phone with only her contacts. For that you would have to do like mdodge said and have 2 logins on your pc, and 2 separate Outlook profiles.

TurboFool 12-03-2008 04:55 PM

I thought when you set up the sync profile it asked you which Outlook profile to attach to if you have more than one. I could have sworn it did that for me.

Anyway, yes, you can definitely have more than one phone tied to one computer. I know I had both my Mogul and my Axim X5 tied to the same computer in the beginning.

gearjunkeez 12-03-2008 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboFool (Post 557549)
I thought when you set up the sync profile it asked you which Outlook profile to attach to if you have more than one. I could have sworn it did that for me.

Anyway, yes, you can definitely have more than one phone tied to one computer. I know I had both my Mogul and my Axim X5 tied to the same computer in the beginning.

I've never been able to successfully get 2 true profiles in outlook. They always merge or overlap somehow. I'll have to play with it some more...

caddieguy02 12-03-2008 05:43 PM

u guys are doing this this hardway...i have both my mogul and my touch pro synced to my same desktop and i have no issues...there is an option ON UR PHONE to name ur device...its under setiings/device information...device id...default is like wm_pocketpc....change these on ur device to whatever u want...aslong as both of these on eash phone is different, when u connect each phone to the PC it will know which one is connected by the name u set for that device...hope this helps

WarChild 12-03-2008 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdodge (Post 557370)
You can sync almost as many phones as you want, you just have to make sure the sync names are unique for each phone. And you technically can have them connected at the same time, but they have to be using difference connection methods. For example, I have my touch pro to sync usb, and my mogul to sync with bluetooth.

This can be difficult to get working sometimes. I often tell people the easiest way to do it is just create a second logon profile on your pc for each phone. So if you need to sync phone 1, login with profile 1, phone 2, login in with profile 2...etc.

cool didnt know that but I will def have to use it.

TurboFool 12-03-2008 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caddieguy02 (Post 557691)
u guys are doing this this hardway...i have both my mogul and my touch pro synced to my same desktop and i have no issues...there is an option ON UR PHONE to name ur device...its under setiings/device information...device id...default is like wm_pocketpc....change these on ur device to whatever u want...aslong as both of these on eash phone is different, when u connect each phone to the PC it will know which one is connected by the name u set for that device...hope this helps

I'm pretty sure people know that. Even so, when you plug it in, even if the name is the same it'll recognize it's a different phone and prompt you to rename it right from the computer.