PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2008, 12:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro

flyingmusician is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy I found the secret to good battery life!

Greetings,
I purchased my Touch Pro about 1.5 weeks ago. I found that the battery would quickly drain to nothing before the end of the day. The life was nothing like my Treo. However, the functionality is also head and shulders above the Treo.
So, to try to gain more battery life, I tried all the suggestions.
1. Registry hacks that turned on all of the power managements
2. Turned off "Beam"
3. Made sure that no apps would be running in the background.

But still, my battey would be done by 4 or 5 P.M.

However, today, it's different. It's 8:30 p.m. and my phone still has 6 bars. That's 60% left on the battery. How you ask?
Don't talk.
Sorry, I've googled Touch Pro battery everyday for that last week, have read every post in every forum I could find looking for the magic bullet, but, nothing. The battery just plain sucks. I talked on the phone for less than 1 hour today and have only done a few text messages. As long as you don't use the phone, the battery lasts just fine.
I usually talk for about 2 to 3 hours a day on the phone normally and it really sucks the juice.

I'm thinking of taking this thing back. Their getting closer, the technology is really cool,but the bsattery life is like a 5 gallon tank in a muscle car.

If anyone has any other great ideas, suggestions etc. I'd love to hear them.

I need a device that I can actually use and that lives up to the advertised talk time.

P.S., this is one of the best forums I've found during this whole search.

Dave
Old 11-10-2008, 12:11 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

saqer is keeping up the good worksaqer is keeping up the good work
Re: I found the secret to good battery life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingmusician View Post
Greetings,
I purchased my Touch Pro about 1.5 weeks ago. I found that the battery would quickly drain to nothing before the end of the day. The life was nothing like my Treo. However, the functionality is also head and shulders above the Treo.
So, to try to gain more battery life, I tried all the suggestions.
1. Registry hacks that turned on all of the power managements
2. Turned off "Beam"
3. Made sure that no apps would be running in the background.

But still, my battey would be done by 4 or 5 P.M.

However, today, it's different. It's 8:30 p.m. and my phone still has 6 bars. That's 60% left on the battery. How you ask?
Don't talk.
Sorry, I've googled Touch Pro battery everyday for that last week, have read every post in every forum I could find looking for the magic bullet, but, nothing. The battery just plain sucks. I talked on the phone for less than 1 hour today and have only done a few text messages. As long as you don't use the phone, the battery lasts just fine.
I usually talk for about 2 to 3 hours a day on the phone normally and it really sucks the juice.

I'm thinking of taking this thing back. Their getting closer, the technology is really cool,but the bsattery life is like a 5 gallon tank in a muscle car.

If anyone has any other great ideas, suggestions etc. I'd love to hear them.

I need a device that I can actually use and that lives up to the advertised talk time.

P.S., this is one of the best forums I've found during this whole search.

Dave
It's been speculated that an inefficient radio rom is the reason for this. HTC devices are known to be like this at first. ROM upgrades in the future could perchance change this.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:15 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps

I pretty much agree with everything you're saying, except I won;t take it back. No effing way. The battery life does suck on it, yes....but right now I make due. I have it plugged in all day at work and in my car. When I am at home, sometimes I have it plugged in via USB as well...or wall charger when sleeping. SO I;m good for now.

I will wait for custom roms and an extended battery by Seidio to come out.

But there is just no way I will let this thing go. Its wonderful.

And the fact that I can run Skype on it makes me happy

If I or someone else helps you out, don't just say thanks, click!
Old 11-10-2008, 12:17 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff

carry around a 2nd battery in your car or whatever
Old 11-10-2008, 12:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

I'm amazed as to what ends people will go to let HTC off the hook here.

It's amusing that it's forums like this, and xda that find fixes, rather than HTC or Sprint.

I guess people just blindly love this phone because of it's potential... I get that... but when I actually used my phone, as you have already discovered, it drains rather quickly. To top it off, I couldn't even charge it

I reallllyy want this phone, damnit! I'm back to my Touch, but I miss the VGA screen...
Old 11-10-2008, 12:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iphone5
Carrier: sprint

mrmet044 is just getting started

something has to be wrong. today no phone calls, two text messages, and viewed six emails. and the battery is down to one bar. thats unheard of. somethings just not right
Old 11-10-2008, 12:33 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
I'm amazed as to what ends people will go to let HTC off the hook here.

It's amusing that it's forums like this, and xda that find fixes, rather than HTC or Sprint.

I guess people just blindly love this phone because of it's potential... I get that... but when I actually used my phone, as you have already discovered, it drains rather quickly. To top it off, I couldn't even charge it

I reallllyy want this phone, damnit! I'm back to my Touch, but I miss the VGA screen...
Sorry, but it's not HTC... Maybe Sprint, but not HTC. Well, it could be. Here is my side:

I've had the 800w for a couple months, If you look at the 800w community you will see we have all had the same complaints about battery since the intro of our device. We even have a smaller battery. So, either its a WinMo 6.1 thing in combination with the "hardware." Or, HTC had more hands in the 800w than we thought they did (ie the Treo Pro). Or, Sprint just fails at checking out products beforehand and its a coincidence the 800w and Touch have similar battery life and heating up issues.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:35 AM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Honestly, my experience with the Mogul was that when I was talking on the phone the battery seemed to drain less than when I wasn't. That doesn't seem to be the case with this one, but it honestly drains nearly as fast when I'm not talking. I love this phone deeply, but I won't be truly happy with it until I get an extended battery.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:39 AM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Fancy title with no new information and since we already have tuns of battery threads you can post in I am closing this one. Please search before posting
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:40 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
Honestly, my experience with the Mogul was that when I was talking on the phone the battery seemed to drain less than when I wasn't. That doesn't seem to be the case with this one, but it honestly drains nearly as fast when I'm not talking. I love this phone deeply, but I won't be truly happy with it until I get an extended battery.
I can't imagine the battery drain to be much worse than us 800w issues... So considering the TP got a bigger battery from the factory, and a 1500-1600+mah battery that fits with the factory door could be in the future, AND I will get a bigger screen than my 800....... I am looking forward to my TP.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro