PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2009, 06:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC 6700, Mogul, TP1, Diamond, TP2
Carrier: Sprint

gadgetkydd is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro Replaced with TP2 or trade with HTC Hero

Hey I haven't seen this thread yet but I am getting my TP1 replaced by a TP2. I went to a sprint store after I made my phone stop working and they said I have had my TP replaced 6 times in the past 6 months. The rep told me that they will probably be replacing my touch pro with the touch pro 2. After that long hour wait the tech came and told me that they will be replacing my touch pro with the tp2. I asked the rep if I could just get the Htc hero since its like a thousand dollars cheaper and she said they couldn't even though the touch pro 2 is the most expensive fone one the market. Anyway I still have my upgrade and I was wonder if I should just go and get the htc hero since sprint won't get me the hero. I would figure that sprint would give me any phone since its so expensive. Or should I tell someone who wants the tp2 to buy the hero and I'll trade....

Second I want to say is that I really want the hero but is it worth having it... any users out there like the hero over the pro if so I probably won't go to it... I really want the hero because its different and the apps that you don't have to pay for since windows mobile makes you pay for everything.

any suggestions if i should trade or should I stay.

If I trade anyone willing to trade with me?

Last edited by gadgetkydd; 12-12-2009 at 07:02 PM.
Old 12-12-2009, 06:27 PM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip
Re: Touch Pro Replaced with TP2 or trade with HTC Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetkydd View Post
I went to a sprint store after I made my phone stop working

That part there hurts lol... scamming the system =s anyways I'm getting a touch pro as a replacement for my diamond with a free 8 gig sd card crom sprint i find it odd tho.. the whole touch pro thing but anyways, you can always sale the touch pro for around 400$ or less and buy the hero on ebay or so :s?
Old 12-12-2009, 06:45 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

gadgetkydd is a n00b

How did you get the 8 gig sd card. does it come with the phone?
Old 12-12-2009, 07:05 PM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetkydd View Post
How did you get the 8 gig sd card. does it come with the phone?
I actually don't know lol, The rep i spoke to said to consider it a free x-mas gift from Sprint for my trouble I sure do hope i really get the 8 gig sd card tho rofl, Look forward to hopefully getting this tp changed to a tp2 if it gets all faulty other than that I hope i love it =p
Old 12-13-2009, 01:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero, Touch Pro

boredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'd get the TP2, sell it and get the Hero. Recently used my upgrade and replaced my TP with a Hero. Best thing i EVER did. Android really is a breath of fresh air.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

zepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Thumbs down Re: Touch Pro Replaced with TP2 or trade with HTC Hero

The tp2 is not a like thousand dollars!!
Old 12-13-2009, 08:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC® Touch Pro™ 2 /// HTC® Evo™ 4G
Carrier: Sprint®

austintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuff
Cool Re: Touch Pro Replaced with TP2 or trade with HTC Hero

I went to a sprint store after I made my phone stop working and they said I have had my TP replaced 6 times in the past 6 months.

How did you make your phone stop working? Because Sprint has specifications on how they can replace a phone.
"Observation of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement on Supraquantum Structures By Induction through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal of Extremely Long Wavelength (ELW) Pulse from Mode-Locked Source Array." - from Half Life 1
Old 12-13-2009, 10:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

HKO10 is a n00b

I'm in the same boat as you are... Either keep the TP2 replacement once i get it tomorrow or sell it for the Hero. But i'm planning on keeping the TP2 for a week or so, see if i like it, then sell it if it isn't up to my liking. I suggest you do the same
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-13-2009, 11:11 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

gadgetkydd is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKO10 View Post
I'm in the same boat as you are... Either keep the TP2 replacement once i get it tomorrow or sell it for the Hero. But i'm planning on keeping the TP2 for a week or so, see if i like it, then sell it if it isn't up to my liking. I suggest you do the same
yea that probably what I will do. keep it for a week and if I don't like it Ill jus upgrade to the hero at best buy for 129
Old 12-13-2009, 11:14 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

gadgetkydd is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintb View Post
I went to a sprint store after I made my phone stop working and they said I have had my TP replaced 6 times in the past 6 months.

How did you make your phone stop working? Because Sprint has specifications on how they can replace a phone.
Well I took my phone apart and messed a few things up inside to make the buttons stop working and charging so they had to do it. but I never said this
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
hero, tp1, tp2, trade