PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2008, 03:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint 4G EVO
Carrier: Sprint only connects calls ppcgeeks for all else

micro254 is keeping up the good workmicro254 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to micro254
Talking anyone know of a good clear case

whats up geeks ,

im looking for a clear case. does anyone have any ideas on where i can find a hard clear case i have looked evey where and all i can find is thishttp://cgi.ebay.com/New-Crystal-Clea...06115003r38810
and this one is the one made for the gsm version . Now i know i could just buy the gsm version case and Mod it to suit my need but that would be kind of time consumming any help becase im just praying i dont get any blemishes on both of my tp's.

thanks for reading and PPCGEEKS ROCK

Coz Boogie Militia
Special Ops--PPC Division

Old 11-09-2008, 03:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: BB 8350i, TP, TP2
Carrier: Sprint, Nextel

ZX6RArcher is just getting started
Re: anyone know of a good clear case

I work at a Sprint Store, and the only one I have seen come through the chain is the two piece silicone case.
Sprint HTC TP - Energy ROM
Sprint HTC TP2 - Stock ROM
Yes... I have four cell phones... Thank god for Google Voice
Old 11-18-2008, 02:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

nuuuuts is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX6RArcher View Post
I work at a Sprint Store, and the only one I have seen come through the chain is the two piece silicone case.
I just bought one from sprint tonight, it's more of a hard rubber than those soft silicone. The one i purchased from Sprint is made by technocel. I've been looking for a similar case as well.

They are a few on ebay, but they are more of a plastic type

http://cgi.ebay.com/Metallic-Blue-Ha...ayphotohosting

Old 11-18-2008, 02:07 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: EPRP 500

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

OP, don't get it, it's for GSM, I felt for that weeks ago ...

here, http://cgi.ebay.com/FOR-HTC-TOUCH-PR...lenotsupported

I asked the seller, it supports CDMA version of the TP and it's a State-side seller.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedusa View Post
OP, don't get it, it's for GSM, I felt for that weeks ago ...

here, http://cgi.ebay.com/FOR-HTC-TOUCH-PR...lenotsupported

I asked the seller, it supports CDMA version of the TP and it's a State-side seller.
Also make note that the one from sprint, will damage the chrome around the edges.

forgot to mention that
Old 11-18-2008, 03:21 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Sprint

elosogrande7076 is keeping up the good workelosogrande7076 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX6RArcher View Post
I saw that one and kinda liked it what do u think? Is it a good buy? I was going to get one but they still havent gotten anymore in
Old 11-18-2008, 05:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by elosogrande7076 View Post
I saw that one and kinda liked it what do u think? Is it a good buy? I was going to get one but they still havent gotten anymore in
I just returned mine, had it for one day. it caused a gap between the keyboard and the touch screen. It also scraped off the chrome finish on the corners when they put it on.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: EPRP 500

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuuuuts View Post
I just returned mine, had it for one day. it caused a gap between the keyboard and the touch screen. It also scraped off the chrome finish on the corners when they put it on.
I just took mine off, yeah it did created a gap but it's not too big. I did notice the resistance when I slide the screen open with the case on, where there is literally none without the case on.

As for the chrome finish? It didn't damage mine.

Now I think the general clip on case is going to be like, cause a gap between the keyboard and the screen... hope someone can made a thin enough case where it won't cause the damages. Or at least a working soft silicon skin that would fit.

Why they have to make it different than the GSM version...
Old 11-18-2008, 10:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: BB 8350i, TP, TP2
Carrier: Sprint, Nextel

ZX6RArcher is just getting started

Hard rubber/silicone/etc. I just had to guess from the looks. I haven't actually opened up a package and touch one. As soon as a coworker jacked up his, my interest in this case went out the window.

I don't want to be mean and say "I told you so", but I did tell you so.

I bet if you try and wiggle the top half and bottom half in opposite directions your going to have more play than a TP that wasn't fitted with that case.

Right now the best bet (IMO) for a carrying solution for the TP is the stock one it came in, or a Mogul case. I hate the ripping sound of velcro every time I open the case on the stock TP case but love the magnetic clasp on the Mogul case. But conversely, I hate how loose the TP is in the Mogul case, yet love how tight the stock TP case holds it down.

One thing you could do is bring your TP into Sprint and complain about how the case jacked up your phone and see if they'll switch it out for a new one. Otherwise you could do what my coworker did and go through insurance to get a new one. What I can do on my end is put in a complaint about how the cases messed up yours and my coworker's phones and see if we can't get a recall on the cases.

You could also opt out for one of the universal cases if you could find one that fits and a design your looking for.

Last edited by ZX6RArcher; 11-18-2008 at 10:38 PM.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

orlandoinsane is a n00b

I would avoid using the stock case that came with the phone... Mine has popped off my belt a couple of times(how? I have no clue), thankfully both time it happened out of my house I didn't loose it (but a woman did run after me once to give it to me, which in NYC is quite a gesture on her part)... I am still in search of a good case...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro