PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2008, 04:33 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

ignisuti is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help! HTC Touch Pro won't boot!!! Resolved

Complete noob here.

I was installing the HTC Home Customizer on my new HTC Touch Pro phone and there was a problem with the installation that caused me to reset the phone. Well, now the phone won't reboot!! It hangs right after Windows Mobile 6.1 loads.

I've attempted a hard reset, but no luck.

I've been doing a little research and am thinking I need to flash a new ROM from the bootloader, but am not having any luck getting this going. Any help or alternative suggestions are greatly appreicated.

Last edited by Big D5; 11-09-2008 at 09:11 AM.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid / Omnia II
Carrier: The Dark Side

parkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Help! HTC Touch Pro won't boot!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ignisuti View Post
Complete noob here.

I was installing the HTC Home Customizer on my new HTC Touch Pro phone and there was a problem with the installation that caused me to reset the phone. Well, now the phone won't reboot!! It hangs right after Windows Mobile 6.1 loads.

I've attempted a hard reset, but no luck.

I've been doing a little research and am thinking I need to flash a new ROM from the bootloader, but am not having any luck getting this going. Any help or alternative suggestions are greatly appreicated.
I would guess that you installed a QVGA version of home customizer and that was your issue. Also, the TP does not have HTC home, so the program itself is useless. Are you positive that you did the hard reset properly? Turn the phone off and then hold the Volume Down, Center, and power on buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until the phone pops up a screen saying that you must press volume up (or power, I can't quite remember) to restore the phone to factory defaults or some such thing like that. Follow the onscreen instructions and you should be good to go!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:47 AM
Lurker

bobross is becoming a great contributor

You mentioned that you "attempted" a hard reset. So were you actually able to do it? If not, turn off the phone then hold down the Volume down button+Center Dpad button+power button for a few seconds. Then follow the instructions to hard reset. Otherwise, get into the boot loader and flash the stock rom.

edit: looks like I was beaten to the punch
Old 11-08-2008, 05:01 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

ignisuti is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkjam View Post
Are you positive that you did the hard reset properly? Turn the phone off and then hold the Volume Down, Center, and power on buttons at the same time.
Am I sure I did it right? What a silly question...

Turns out I didn't! I didn't realize holding the power button was part of that process.

Got it going again. You guys are great! THANKS!!! =D>
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro