PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2008, 02:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

touchpro123 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
1st time post. question on tp please help.

hello all, i have done my best to search for an answer to my quesiton i have a touch pro and i love it there is one thing i am having trouble with that is extemely annoying to the point i want to return the phone.
_ i have my text messages viewed as an ongoing chat format. when i am in a text "conversation" and recieve a new txt message from that same person it doesnt recognize the text as read. i then have to go to the new txt message icon and hit reply which brings me back to that same chat conversation. is there anything i can do about this_ thank you so much for you time.

Last edited by touchpro123; 11-08-2008 at 02:39 AM.
Old 11-08-2008, 02:39 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC
Carrier: Sprint

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP
Re: 1st time post. question on tp please help.

The only thing with texts that just drives me crazy...is when you start a convertsation...and you exit.....the Touch3d messages. will have all the incoming messages... I just saw all those damm messages with the convertsation...that is just insane, why do I now need to flip all those incoming texts and if I delete it ....it also deletes the incoming message from the convertsation.

I think this is the same drive me crazy situation you are going through.

As for the SliderSound....there is a cab for that the TP does not have that option...

http://tiermann.net/index.php?view=a...ntent&Itemid=2
Don't just say "Thanks"....give

Last edited by Unknown Zone; 11-08-2008 at 03:03 AM.
Old 11-08-2008, 03:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

touchpro123 is a n00b

yeah its so annoying. i actually just downloaded that slidersound onto my touch but it won't allow me to change the sound it shows that nothing is there to select from the wav files. i also downloaded it directly to my phone was that my mistake.? thanks for you help again
Old 11-08-2008, 03:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC
Carrier: Sprint

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

lol...it sure does drive me crazy...after the conversation...now you have a crap load of texts in the 3d text menu.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7019

read post 3...it is a pretty simple program. and should work, i had it on my 67.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=sliding+sound <--also found this...possible work around.

Last edited by Unknown Zone; 11-08-2008 at 03:31 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid / Omnia II
Carrier: The Dark Side

parkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchpro123 View Post
hello all, i have done my best to search for an answer to my quesiton i have a touch pro and i love it there is one thing i am having trouble with that is extemely annoying to the point i want to return the phone.
_ i have my text messages viewed as an ongoing chat format. when i am in a text "conversation" and recieve a new txt message from that same person it doesnt recognize the text as read. i then have to go to the new txt message icon and hit reply which brings me back to that same chat conversation. is there anything i can do about this_ thank you so much for you time.
Odd, when I send a reply in conversation, it marks the unread message as read at that point. I don't have to go out and come back in...
Old 11-08-2008, 05:25 AM
Android Groupie
Pocket PC: Nexus One & EVO
Carrier: T-Mobile & Sprint

electronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to electronicrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchpro123 View Post
if this is on the stock ROM then I'm shocked you're having that issue. I know that for all windows mobile builds past 20000 they have that same text issue plus a couple others related to texts inherent in the builds. they may not bother some, but others can't stand it. I don't know why it hasn't been fixed yet either..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro