PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2008, 11:03 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW
Carrier: Sprint

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
If I return my TP to BB, can I return to sans-contract?

I haven't EVER been on a contract with Sprint, until I purchased my Touch Pro on 10/25/08.

If I return the phone to Best Buy, what will happen? Will I be stuck on my OLD phone, with absolutely no benefits--and still be locked into a two-year agreement?

The way I see it, Sprint didn't make good on their side of the agreement--to offer me a phone that works properly.

Forget about the earpiece, the speakerphone, the screen, and the build quality... The fact that the battery drains, completely, during a long phone call is an embarassing design flaw. I tried as others had mentioned, using GPS while driving, and it drains the battery as well. All because of some protection mechanism that is being triggered by excess heat.

I'd rather be contract-free on a phone that works great (my Touch,) than locked into a two-year with a phone with limitless problems. Perhaps the Touch HD will work great, who knows... I just wish HTC would QC their products a bit better.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:09 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

slowrey is a n00b
Re: If I return my TP to BB, can I return to sans-contract?

Mine's perfect. Sounds like you have a dud
Old 11-07-2008, 11:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

thesfactor is keeping up the good workthesfactor is keeping up the good work

Yes your contract rolls back if you return the phone within the first 30 days.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:12 AM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

Man, I see some flaws in mine, but I would happily use 2 batteries to use this device. Maybe that's just me. The mogul didn't have great battery life either. I had to use 2 batteries with that phone.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:23 AM
mabru2001

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

All they have to do is come out with a fix for the heat sensor, make it not so sensitive.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesfactor View Post
Yes your contract rolls back if you return the phone within the first 30 days.

actually it doesnt. sprint will not remove the contract, they will just note the account that the equipment was returned and to honor your contract date you had beforehand.

Same effect, but customer service/retentions cant remove contracts, they can just review the account notes and waive the termination fees. Either way youll be good, but that how it works....I work for Sprint

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 11-07-2008, 11:51 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I know how you feel...kind of.

I purchased the Samsung Instinct (or InStink) in July. Hated it, terrible internet features for what was supposed to be an IPhone killer. Returned it, and even though Sprint forgot to reset my upgrade credit, the BB rep called in and got them to dig through the notes on my account and reset my upgrade. Took a little extra time when I when I went to get my TP (which I love) .

*********Long story short, make sure when you return it and BB calls to ESN swap back to your old phone, they have a Sprint rep mark it on your account!!!!! I cannot stress the importance of this**********
Old 11-07-2008, 12:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: sprint

htcvogue111 is a n00b

So if i wanted to return TP to best buy and order it again thru my company's website, but the system won't roll my contract back to what it was...what should i do
Old 11-07-2008, 12:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW
Threadstarter

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by htcvogue111 View Post
So if i wanted to return TP to best buy and order it again thru my company's website, but the system won't roll my contract back to what it was...what should i do
Here the answer to your question:

Yes, it will. I just contacted EVP, who said that not a single person has complained to them about battery/heat issues, and that I should just return the phone to Best Buy. He (Andrew,) just told me that you 1) Return the phone to BB, then 2) Call Sprint and have them notate the account, as mentioned above me.

What I am going to do, is place an order through EVP today, and return my TP to BB before the 30-day timeframe.

A LOT of Best Buy early-adopters got SCREWED it seems. Not just on the phone, but the lack of service, for me, at Sprint retail locations has been sub-par, because of my purchase location, I believe.

I will be without a Pro for a bit, but at least I will have a GOOD one when it arrives, eventually. EVP and Sprint are completely out of TPs in their warehouses, so they are waiting on new stock. I sure hope this new stock isn't crappy

He reassured me that my contract will be "rolled back," regardless. May technically show on the site, but the notations override that.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro