PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2008, 10:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

yaaah_hoo is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
MSL Code

I use Baffles program to get my MSL Code. Then use use ##MSL# but to take me the the screen to edit my MSL. How to I get to the screen that has all the settings like the data and such. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:13 AM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles
Re: MSL Code

##PST# then hit edit. (I believe it's ##778#, but just look at the dialer and hit PST).

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:11 PM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP

Another option to get to the unlock screen is to run \Windows\EPST.exe. I often suggest this method as it will get you to the same screen regardless of your carrier.

Baffles, you might consider adding a link to that app in your program.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

houdini is keeping up the good workhoudini is keeping up the good work

What is the benefit of changing your msl? just to make it easier on you?
Old 11-07-2008, 07:07 PM

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
What is the benefit of changing your msl? just to make it easier on you?
You're not changing it. You are using these methods to determine what your MSL is, so you can change certain settings if you want/need to. For example, you need the MSL to program your phone number into your phone. Sprint generally does this for you or will walk you through it over the phone. You can also change things like the slot cycle to make your phone respond faster to an incoming call.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:18 PM
Noob

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroths View Post
Another option to get to the unlock screen is to run \Windows\EPST.exe. I often suggest this method as it will get you to the same screen regardless of your carrier.

Baffles, you might consider adding a link to that app in your program.
The official fix to the COM9 problem is to close your data connection or put your phone in flight mode. I'm debating whether or not to make it automatically close data connection (don't know if it would piss people off or not), but adding a link to EPST is definitely a nice touch, assuming the app handles everything on its own instead of recommending users go to flight mode (EPST won't work in FM).
Old 11-07-2008, 10:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Tmobile HD2, Google Nexus one
Carrier: Tmobile

j23a45m is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to j23a45m Send a message via Yahoo to j23a45m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffles View Post
The official fix to the COM9 problem is to close your data connection or put your phone in flight mode. I'm debating whether or not to make it automatically close data connection (don't know if it would piss people off or not), but adding a link to EPST is definitely a nice touch, assuming the app handles everything on its own instead of recommending users go to flight mode (EPST won't work in FM).
I tried that Baff but it still didnt work for me for some reason. I will try again I guess
http://www.karmaloop.com/index.asp?rcode=MN22044

how do you make your money easy im a P.I.M.P.G.A.N.G.S.T.E.R
I have Gucci style, Burberry class, I'm the Dkny bomb, so kiss my Prada ***
97 A32 QNO SE 5Speed

***S3X iS lIkE mAtH. aDd ThE bEd, SuBtRaCt ThE cLoThEs, DiViDe tHe LeGs, PrAy U dOn't MuLtIpLy***
Old 11-07-2008, 11:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

houdini is keeping up the good workhoudini is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroths View Post
You're not changing it. You are using these methods to determine what your MSL is, so you can change certain settings if you want/need to. For example, you need the MSL to program your phone number into your phone. Sprint generally does this for you or will walk you through it over the phone. You can also change things like the slot cycle to make your phone respond faster to an incoming call.
Knew that stuff stroths but thanks anyway. I guess I misunderstood someone else when they said they were changing their MSL. I've also seen many say they use 000000. I was wondering why someone would change their MSL code..??
Old 11-07-2008, 11:20 PM
Noob

I'm not aware of any way to change MSL, but if you can do it, my app should give you the MSL you changed it to as well.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffles View Post
Tested and this worked for me. Tried FM and just turning off the data connection and both worked and matched the MSL I pulled through the registry method.

Regarding the data connection, you could make a popup that states something like "Data Connection Will be Disabled Temporarily" "ok" "cancel".

If you wanted to get fancy, you could make it check to see if the data connection was enabled. If so, disable then re-enable after the MSL grab. If its disabled before the grabbing then leave it disabled.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro