PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2008, 05:58 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

saqer is keeping up the good worksaqer is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How deeply integrated is TF3D?

So, it's been a week now with my TP. I'm satisfied with it but I'm confused as to how deeply integrated TouchFlo is. So I know that finger scrolling is a tf3d thing but in certain apps like MS Live Search it's disabled, which is interesting, because map scrolling wouldn't otherwise work with it on - hinting perhaps at a possible exceptions list. As far as I can tell it also yields upperhand to certain apps that utilize their own finger scrolling feature like Resco Explorer and Conduits Pocket Player . Is touchflo responsible for the enlarged SIP selection and the larger soft menu bar menus? Is it exclusively responsible for use of capacitative functions of the buttons in Opera and the Camera app? How is it the hardware buttons are configured and is that the reason they don't appear in the buttons settings like they usually do in other non touchflo smartphones. It appears to me that they are "smart" knowing when to behave according to context. For example, if I'm in opera hitting the back button acts as a back button and not ok. Whereas if I'm in contacts the back button as the 'ok' button. Is TF3D also responsible for the incoming call overlay?

Ultimately what I want to know is there a possibility to release an app that controls all the underlying functions of Tf3d. With my 6700 i had installed TouchFlo SL and it was such a pleasure to use because of the advanced configuration options.

Last edited by saqer; 11-07-2008 at 06:11 AM.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:56 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100
Re: How deeply integrated is TF3D?

TF3D is actually just a today screen "plugin". Housed in it is an entire UI, with its own rules, files, exceptions, etc. You can disable it completely by going to settings, today, and uncheck TF3D.

So, it actually is not as deeply intergrated as you may think........

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 11-07-2008, 12:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

saqer is keeping up the good worksaqer is keeping up the good work

so finger scrolling and the incoming call overlay are native features to WM 6.1? I remember my 6700 and I had flashed it to 6.1 and neither of those were included.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:10 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

thats the touch flo the touchflo 3d is the plugin

Old 11-07-2008, 12:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

Quote:
Originally Posted by saqer View Post
so finger scrolling and the incoming call overlay are native features to WM 6.1? I remember my 6700 and I had flashed it to 6.1 and neither of those were included.
it is on the touch, the touch diamond, and touch pro

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro