PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2008, 03:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 4th HTC device on sprint and same problem since the 1st one..WTF

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrupalp View Post
So I have had every HTC phone sprint has had so far and all of them wake up for no reason ramdomly. I would think they would fix this problem in the PRO. I just got the pro today and it ramdomly wakes up evrey 15-20 minutes. Why cant the idiots at HTC/Sprint figure out what is causing this? Also, the service is lot better on treo 800w then this one. My 800w always stayed EV at my house and i have noticed the pro switched to 1x several times since i got it today afternoon.
When did you first purchase the Trea 800w? The Touch Pro just released, the drivers are not as mature on the just released Touch Pro as they may have been for some of your other phones. Different hardware means different drivers and possible tweaks to the drivers over time.

Seriously....4 Touch Pro's? Did you ever think that it's by design? Or that after the second and thrid problem, the issues you are having won't go away yet?
Old 11-10-2008, 03:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Diamond

Spriggan113 is a n00b

I have this happen sometimes and I have had the diamond and now the pro. Sometimes out of nowhere it will wake up as if I'm about to get a message or something. But nothing happens. Figured I'd live with it not a big deal to me.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:49 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Guess I have been lucky as well, had the Mogul, Touch, skipped the Diamond and now have the Pro and I have never had this problem. I swapped exchanged models several times due to other problems and still never had this with the replacements either.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:27 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2

nico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on rep

yeah..that sounds like an application waking it up...i never had this issue with any wm pda either.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

bambamsprint is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to bambamsprint

i have my touch pro and its the best phone that i have jet, the only problems that i haver its the batery and the Rev A becouse we dont have that service in PR !! comming soon !!!
Old 11-10-2008, 06:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

Elbimster is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to Elbimster Send a message via AIM to Elbimster Send a message via MSN to Elbimster Send a message via Yahoo to Elbimster

I've had the 6600, Apache, Mogul, and now Touch Pro. I've noticed this problem with them as well. I always just assumed the phone was doing it when it was getting messages from my Exchange e-mail server. Usually not a big deal, just put on the keylock and nothing gets pressed.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro