PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2008, 01:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

John Lessnau is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Fastmail IMAP setup

Ok, I figured out what to do. When filtering message to labels, there is also a check box to also move to archive, this archives the message out of the inbox and moves the message to the label. Problem solved.

Now my next problem is that I really don't like the built in email app as compared to Snappermail. Snappermail seemed to have many more features. I'll give the built in app a bit of a chance before a make any changes though.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

MaryGladys is keeping up the good workMaryGladys is keeping up the good workMaryGladys is keeping up the good work
Re: Another vote for gmail

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceracer24 View Post
The problem is that WinMo won't treat the labels as folders. Also, even though Gmail has IMAP, you won't be able to use push mailwith it. You will have to use a 3rd party app to use push mail. I sure hope Gmail changes that some day.
My labels are folders on both my Desktop and Mobile versions of Outlook using GMail. And I can DEFINITELY send and receive email with the account. It's nice.

My only gripe and I am looking for a solution....is that in receiving my email, it takes FOREVER to download on my phone. I do better to go to http://gmail.com and check it that way. Sending is fairly fast, though. I guess that is the price for free .
Old 11-10-2008, 11:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

MaryGladys is keeping up the good workMaryGladys is keeping up the good workMaryGladys is keeping up the good work
Re: Fastmail IMAP setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Lessnau View Post
Ok, I set up a Gmail account and have 3 of my main email accounts sending there via pop3 and set to leave on server.

Everything is fine, I set up a few labels for some of the messages I don't want to see in my inbox when on my phone.

Some messages came in and the all were added to the labels I created but they also still are in my main inbox. So I have about 20 auto-emails from paypal in my inbox. I don't need to see those on my phone unless I want to see what came in or research something.

So I logged in with my phone and all messages I received (including the 20 or so paypal emails and other various auto emails I labeled) are showing up on the main gmail inbox plus in the labels. So I have about 3 emails out of 40 or 50 I need to look at but they all are in mixed in my gmail in box with all the emails I wanted to filter out to labels.

I get 100s of emails a day and I need to have them filtered to various labels so I don't have to search through my gmail inbox on my tiny 3 inch screen TP screen. It seems the label thing just tags an email for sorting but doesn't really move it anywhere. Either Gmail won't work for me, or I am doing something wrong. Maybe Snapper mail would filter the labeled messages out of the inbox?

Anyone out there get lots of emails that uses Gmail? How do you filter out the auto emails you don't need to look at right away out of your inbox so you just see the main emails from friends or human customers? I double checked all my filters and every email has the label I created and and the default inbox label. Is there a way to remove the default inbox label when filtering to a created label. Sorry, I have always been a very light gmail user. I need help from a power user.
If you go to http://gmail.com and to Settings, you can create rules or filters there. I would recommend you create rules to move those emails to your labels and then delete the email from the inbox. It's a two step rule. I have done this with some of my emails......

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro