PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2008, 03:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

bkrodgers is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Opera quirks with initial page position and bookmark screen

I've noticed a few things in Opera that are bugging me. I wanted to see if anyone else has seen these, and if anyone knows of a fix:

1. Sometimes, when it loads up a page, it will start out scrolled to the middle of the page. For example, if I'm on CNN.com (the mobile version) reading articles, some will load fine, but others will load a paragraph or two down from the top. Obviously, I want to read the whole article, so I have to scroll back up. It's not consistent. I don't have "Mobile view" enabled, but it doesn't make a difference if I do. These are on sites that are optimized for mobile view anyway, so it doesn't start in the zoomed out view you see on a desktop sized website -- it loads zoomed in to a size that is fully readable, which I like. I just want it to position the page in the top left corner!
2. Scrolling within the bookmarks screen is very clunky. It's slow to move around, and it's very easily to accidentally tap on a bookmark when you're just trying to "flick" to scroll. Even using the scroll bars, it moves in a slow, choppy way. Yet when viewing pages or even when I'm in the "Settings" screen of Opera, I can scroll around using the flick gesture very smoothly.
Old 11-06-2008, 03:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: samsung moment
Carrier: sprint

shakuyi is keeping up the good workshakuyi is keeping up the good work
Re: Opera quirks with initial page position and bookmark screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrodgers View Post
I've noticed a few things in Opera that are bugging me. I wanted to see if anyone else has seen these, and if anyone knows of a fix:

1. Sometimes, when it loads up a page, it will start out scrolled to the middle of the page. For example, if I'm on CNN.com (the mobile version) reading articles, some will load fine, but others will load a paragraph or two down from the top. Obviously, I want to read the whole article, so I have to scroll back up. It's not consistent. I don't have "Mobile view" enabled, but it doesn't make a difference if I do. These are on sites that are optimized for mobile view anyway, so it doesn't start in the zoomed out view you see on a desktop sized website -- it loads zoomed in to a size that is fully readable, which I like. I just want it to position the page in the top left corner!
2. Scrolling within the bookmarks screen is very clunky. It's slow to move around, and it's very easily to accidentally tap on a bookmark when you're just trying to "flick" to scroll. Even using the scroll bars, it moves in a slow, choppy way. Yet when viewing pages or even when I'm in the "Settings" screen of Opera, I can scroll around using the flick gesture very smoothly.
you should try upgrading your version of opera to 2392 its in the forums and also install flash lite 3.0 too
Old 11-06-2008, 03:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: palm pre

yotoad is keeping up the good workyotoad is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakuyi View Post
you should try upgrading your version of opera to 2392 its in the forums and also install flash lite 3.0 too
does 2392 install over the stock opera?
sony clie peg-t665c: 5/2002-3/2006
palm v - 5/1999-4/2002
Old 11-07-2008, 02:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

bkrodgers is becoming a great contributor

Unfortunately, I've tried 2392 and 2649 and had no success. It still will, at times, load the page such that it is not positioned in the top left corner. I did install the 9.5b2 off of Opera's site, and it didn't seem to have this problem at first glance. But it has other issues on the Touch Pro.

Are others seeing this same issue, or is it just me? I reproduced it after a hard reset, so I'm thinking it's got to be affecting others. Go to m.cnn.com, pull up some articles, and if it has multiple pages (most do), try the next page buttons to go through the article. It may not happen on every page, but it's happening often enough to me that I'd be surprised if others don't see it eventually. I'd love to know if others see it too before I try getting it logged as an issue by HTC, Opera, or whoever.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:10 AM
Lurker

hamstarz is a n00b

yup, does same thing on my touch pro. kind of irritating sometimes, and I haven't found a good reason why it does it sometimes and not others.
Old 01-18-2009, 12:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Stock)

matthew23 is becoming a great contributor

the bookmark scrolling clunkiness bucks me too. anyone have a solution yet?
Old 01-18-2009, 12:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro - Sprint

chrisaroz is just getting started

I have both issues. I can tolerate the page starting in the middle even if it doesn't make sense, but trying to navigate the bookmarks is ridiculous! And the fact that you can't (easily) import IE favorites is stupid.
Old 01-18-2009, 02:23 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

bookmark navigation is a pain, but there are plenty threads detailing easy ways to import IE favs...

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 01-18-2009, 02:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch PRO

Yankees368 is becoming a great contributor

I have the same issues listed here. They are both pretty annoying.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

speck is becoming a great contributor

+1 for having these same issues. Opera is driving me crazy. Does anyone else have trouble with selecting links? I'm finding it extremely inconsistent - sometimes they work on first tap, mostly not. Then if I tap again Opera thinks I'm zooming or unzooming. I haven't upgraded Opera yet - I'll try that.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro